Replacement Bike help

Heavy Rider2015

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 31, 2015
Hi All,
unfortunately on monday I got wiped out by a car whilst on my bike. it's pretty much a goner so I was looking for some advice on a replacement as I cant afford the new model of the bike that I had. God rest it's soul my Giant Dirt-E2 bike is done for. Any ideas or advice on a similar type of bike for sub £1500? Ideally it will have 75nm torque or above as this bike was the best I have had and nothing was too much for it. Although with the damage I have now got in my shoulders I may have to resort to a cruiser to take the edge off.

Also my Grandfather is looking to start using a bike again to help him stay fit and healthy but I'm struggling to find him something...it does need a throttle for when he's a bit gassed and I know that's gonna be tough since the laws changed...so any suggestions for that would be great too.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Hi All,
unfortunately on monday I got wiped out by a car whilst on my bike. it's pretty much a goner so I was looking for some advice on a replacement as I cant afford the new model of the bike that I had. God rest it's soul my Giant Dirt-E2 bike is done for. Any ideas or advice on a similar type of bike for sub £1500? Ideally it will have 75nm torque or above as this bike was the best I have had and nothing was too much for it. Although with the damage I have now got in my shoulders I may have to resort to a cruiser to take the edge off.

Also my Grandfather is looking to start using a bike again to help him stay fit and healthy but I'm struggling to find him something...it does need a throttle for when he's a bit gassed and I know that's gonna be tough since the laws changed...so any suggestions for that would be great too.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
Hi can't help you with your first request, but I have a Freego Eagle for sale.I have almost decided to keep it as a winter bike, but am still open to reasonable offers. It depends on whether it is suitable for your grandfather. It is a typical weight for an ebike. I ride it without problem and I am 70. Here is link
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/freego-eagle.31403/

regards
this has a throttle

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Report the accident to the Fuzz get an incident/crime no and claim new bike through drivers insurance.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent

DynatechFan

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2017
t'North
Sorry to hear about the accident, hope you bounce back :)

I would be following up with the driver if they were at fault - if you have injuries then the police are probably already involved? And checking on house insurance if you have it