Ribble e bike security

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
Hi.
I’m awaiting a Ribble CGR e ordered in March but that’s another story!

As many will know the Ribble system (also used by Orbea) is live in that the battery has to be charged on the bike and in normal use cannot be separated from the bike for charging. Given tbis, can anyone assist with ideas to provide some sort of security other than a large bike lock, suggested by Ribble! Not very helpful!

I’m thinking of some sort of lockable switch or programmable switch to control the power supply to the motor, however any ideas considered!

Thank you.

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Hi.
I’m awaiting a Ribble CGR e ordered in March but that’s another story!

As many will know the Ribble system (also used by Orbea) is live in that the battery has to be charged on the bike and in normal use cannot be separated from the bike for charging. Given tbis, can anyone assist with ideas to provide some sort of security other than a large bike lock, suggested by Ribble! Not very helpful!

I’m thinking of some sort of lockable switch or programmable switch to control the power supply to the motor, however any ideas considered!

Thank you.
Two good quality and heavy bike locks, one for each wheel to frame and to something heavy in concrete. I like the ones that have huge links, covered in thin plastic to save your paint job. The two I have, I have been unable to pick!
But cutting these will set off:-
Plus two vibration alarms, loud ones! (I myself have only one, but my village appears to be safer than many towns....up to now!
I also bought a cheap disk lock, brightly coloured for one of the disks on my bike, two might be even better though!
I NEVER use this disk lock on its own, it's just to "catch the eye" of the thief...
I hope this helps you further.
Andy