Sakura power drop

Videoman

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 3, 2014
Nuneaton
Good morning Everybody!
This is my first posted question... so here goes!
Riding along nicely, I have a FULL battery ( just took it off charge ) and am on full throttle. Then without warning, my drive power deserts me, the 'fuel gauge' drops to Empty. I switch on my lights and they are glowing brightly ( so there is power in the battery and it isn't a battery connection prob ) . I turn off the key, and turn it on and off a few times..... no change. The fuel gauge still says Empty and no drive. I pedal for a couple of hundred yards and turn on and off as I do... still no change. I then stop for a breather ( ! ) and turn the key once more and the fuel tank show Full ! So I turn the throttle.... no drive power :-( . I turn the key off and walk a few yards, pushing it..... I turn the key once more, fuel gauge shows Full again AND my throttle works the 'drive' too ! So I drive it 200 yards back home and put it in the garage..... and there it stays. Has anyone any ideas where the fault is please. I hope to get back on my Eped ASAP...... Its a great feeling being on that Mean Machine!
Many Thanks
Videoman

D

Deleted member 4366

What type of battery is it, and is it a brushed (two wires) or brushless motor (3 or more wires)?

Videoman

Jul 3, 2014
Nuneaton
thanks d8 for your reply. I know that the bike takes 3x 60w batts ( I think ! ) connected in sequence to each other. As for the motor and brushes etc.... no idea I am afraid. :-(
Is it easy to see these wires to the motor?

D

Deleted member 4366

Did you fit the batteries yourself? Are they proper Ebike batteries, or the unsuitable but look the same burglar alarm type? Read the designation on them and post it here.

Only you know if it's easy to see the motor wires since you have the bike in front of you!

Videoman

Jul 3, 2014
Nuneaton
Hello again! I have just had a look at the batts. I had to fit new ones when I bought my Eped and just swapped like-for-like. Here is a pic of one of them with its credentials. Since the weather has been nice I have been using the bike for the last few weeks without any probs at all. Obviously they are 12v batts, not bl@@dy 60 watts! lol

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

They're the correct batteries. You need to follow the wires from the batteries to the controller. Check every connection and any switch.

Videoman

Jul 3, 2014
Nuneaton
well.... could it possibly be the 'key switch' ? This would possibly be the easiest thing to change. There are many wires leading into, what I believe is the controller. And.... there are a few 'dead ended' connectors on the cables on the controller that look like they have been not connected for ages, I presume ( if they do not fit each other ) I leave them alone?
Thank you.bike controller.jpg