Scott 2017 E-bikes Availability

bikey850

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2016
UK
Hello,

Looking to get a Scott E-Sub Tour Men or Scott E-Sub Sport 20 Men in Extra Large size but struggling to find a supplier that does not have an anticipated delivery date of March 2017.

Is this model in short suply or can anybody suggest a dealer who could source? This is a particular request so not looking for an alternative model at this stage just a supplier who can source.

Many thanks,

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Welcome to the bike trade which has a habit of marketing new models weeks if not months ahead of delivery dates.

There's a shiny orange mountain bike on the Cube website which I rather fancy, but none will be available before December at the earliest.

At least the Scott dealers have been honest with you.

Some dealers have been known to take deposits based on delivery estimates they know fine well cannot be met.

Some problems are outside the dealers' or even the makers' control.

My local bike shop has a couple of orders for new bikes which are going to be fulfilled late because Shimano has manufacturing problems with the groupset.

bikey850

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2016
UK
Hello,

Many thanks. Spoke to a few dealers and they all see the same delivery dates of March. A few are going to contact Scott and see if this can be hurried (I'm guessing some dealers have more pull on certain manufacturers if they sell a lot of their brand).

Only if they can source one in advance would I want to place an order with a non local supplier. Other than that it's a case of putting a deposit and waiting out the winter.

bikey850

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2016
UK
Funilly enough it's just the XL size that's delayed so hopeing it not a part shortage or from Bosche or Shimanno.

Many thanks,

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Funilly enough it's just the XL size that's delayed so hopeing it not a part shortage or from Bosche or Shimanno.

Many thanks,
Agreed, I used the Shimano story as an example of how a bike delivery date can be delayed.

A few years ago there was a shortage of Bosch motors which caused a general hiatus in Bosch bike supply for several months.

No such problems since then as far as I'm aware.

bikey850

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2016
UK

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Hi,

Seems the issue is with the frame size :-( must not be enough in that size or they are awaiting production run or something.

Now looking at Cube as alternative:

https://www.cube.eu/uk/2017/e-bike-trekking/cross-hybrid/cube-cross-hybrid-sl-allroad-500-blacknflashred-2017/

Any thoughts on this bike (assuming a rack would be a simple add).

Equivelent to the Scott or not as good? Don't want to rush but at the same time March 2017 is verrrry far away.

Thanks,
The Cube is better spec than the Scott, but so it should be as it's more money.

Looks like the Scott has the 400wh battery, the Cube has 500wh which would swing it for me apart from the better gears, brakes, forks, a few kilos lighter, higher spec motor...