Scott e-sub Sport 10

kcrane

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 2, 2017
Cheltenham
I thought if you reversed an electric motor you got a generator, so the motor could be both, so little extra weight?

kcrane

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 2, 2017
Cheltenham
Now up above 300 miles and Evans have done their 6 week check. The only thing needing doing was to set the registration on the gears, which they did and it is now smoother changing.

The battery life is the only thing to mention, everything else has been working fine.

I have found the difference in range between very hilly and nearly flat terrain not to be as big as I expected. It is obvious why when you think about it.

On serious hills, climbing out of Cheltenham, I get 7 miles for one blob, 20% of the battery, so in theory 35 miles range. However, after using that 20% I get very high (900ft) I can roll a long way with no use of the battery from 900ft.

On flat ground I get about 15 miles for a blob, so in theory a range of 75 miles, but I have not gained any height, so I can't roll anywhere.

It isn't a perfect trade off. In hills I reckon I would get 50 miles or so on a battery, on the flat I could get 75 miles.