Search for Swytch Promton Motor 100SX-6XX-36H-S

brommbi

Just Joined
Oct 18, 2023
I have a Swytch kit and have a lot of trouble with it, unfortunately I get from the manufacturer supplier no spare parts and warranty services, the engine is damaged stops after 20 minutes and stutters, control unit and battery I have already replaced, I test a cheap Yose rim installed, which works, so it is the engine, I have opened the engine and the copper windings are dark burnt so clearly the engine. I would like to change the motor so the inlay, because I do not want to change the spokes. The model is called 100SX-6XX-36H-S does anyone have an idea where I get such spare parts, Google and Ali Express I have already searched.

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The motor is an Aikema 100SX. You can get them from BMSBattery, Greenbikekit, Topbikekit and various other Chineses resellers. If your title is supposed to say Brompton instead of Promton, you need the 328 rpm version.

The reason your motor burnt is almost certainly that you had a problem with its connection and you carried on giving it power regardless. If a motor can't turn when you give it power, the power will make heat until something burns.

Cisco-man

Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2023
I have a Swytch kit and have a lot of trouble with it, unfortunately I get from the manufacturer supplier no spare parts and warranty services, the engine is damaged stops after 20 minutes and stutters, control unit and battery I have already replaced, I test a cheap Yose rim installed, which works, so it is the engine, I have opened the engine and the copper windings are dark burnt so clearly the engine. I would like to change the motor so the inlay, because I do not want to change the spokes. The model is called 100SX-6XX-36H-S does anyone have an idea where I get such spare parts, Google and Ali Express I have already searched.
Hi.
If all you need is another Swytch wheel/hub, then ebay seems to have some available.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I would like to change the motor so the inlay, because I do not want to change the spokes.
IGNORE, INCORRECT
The motors usually come as complete hub. I don't think you can change the motor without changing the hub; and thus the spokes. If you just don't feel able to rebuild the wheel you can buy a wheel complete with motor.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The motors usually come as complete hub. I don't think you can change the motor without changing the hub; and thus the spokes. If you just don't feel able to rebuild the wheel you can buy a wheel complete with motor.
Once the face plate is removed one can simply extract the motor core and replace with the same from a new hub, no need to relace or rebuild a wheel if it is other wsie fine.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sjpt

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Sorry, I misunderstood the bit about swapping the core and leaving the hub in place. I thought you meant re-use the spokes and rim and relace the motor. There's a good chance that you might be able to do that, but there are some differences between different versions. I see the latest AKM 100SX on the Aikema website show the spoke pcd as 109mm, and the BMSB drawing shows it as 108mm. I don't know if that's right or Chinese measurement. The ones the Chinese resellers stock have the motor wire coming out of the axle, but the Aikema ones have it coming out the side-plate (F1) or the axle root (F2). Which one do you have?

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
As in my #7, if an identical motor is sourced then swapping internals shouldn't be an issue, much the same with internal hub gears like the alfine 8 if it breaks. One doesn't need to change or rebuild wheels.