Selling Electric Bikes on The Apprentice

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Apparently, so my wife tells me - The task tomorrow night is to sell stuff at the caravan and camping show. And one of the teams is selling electric bikes. Should be fun.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Apparently, so my wife tells me - The task tomorrow night is to sell stuff at the caravan and camping show. And one of the teams is selling electric bikes. Should be fun.
Now this I have GOT to see, it will either have us all in stitches or pulling our hair out in frustration ;)

It would be nice though if they did some decent research on the bikes and managed to convince people they know what they are talking about, however, judging on previous tasks I wont hold my breath.

Anyway, BBC 1 9pm....

and I cant wait to see which make of bike they are trying to sell........:rolleyes:

Lynda :)

50 Hertz

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2013
I will look forward to tomorrow evening to see what they think of electric bikes.

It's been quite an entertaining series this year with the producers choosing a mixed bunch of comedy characters to throw into the ring so that they can fight each other. I'm quite excited about the forthcoming Episode 10. This is the one where Lord Sugar fights the evil Professor Insulin.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
It's Batribike.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Well.......last night......."cycling for lazy people "..........what can I say........:rolleyes:

Now if it had been , say, Hatti and I selling.......it would have been a different programme altogether :cool:

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Should have asked me about my Batribike Folder . They didn`t have a clue and didn`t appear to know anything about them . When one potential Customer said he was happy with his ordinary pushbike , they could have countered that he would see a lot more, as his cycling range would be double or treble that of his bike . It does annoy me that the Batribike people appear at these Shows , but don`t appear to have anything to do with this Forum . If I live long enough to buy another Ebike it will be from a Supplier that contributes here .
One thing ,I won`t be watching that programme again , all that strutting about , miserable demeanours and deference to Lord Sugar that I thought went out 40 years ago .

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
One thing ,I won`t be watching that programme again , all that strutting about , miserable demeanours and deference to Lord Sugar that I thought went out 40 years ago .
I've never watched a single minute of it and never will, I can't stand Alan Sugar and his demeanour over the years.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Too right Lynda!

We'd have sold hundreds (or would we? maybe we would rather have sold Tonaros and Wooshes!)
I have to agree that they weren't clued up and although e bikes are complicated in some ways to sell they should perhaps have done a bit more homework.

I loved the posh guy who said it was the first time he'd ever been to Bimingham...like it was somewhere in the depths of darkest Borneo. Hilarious. Wonder who'll win?
Hatti

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
It does annoy me that the Batribike people appear at these Shows , but don`t appear to have anything to do with this Forum . If I live long enough to buy another Ebike it will be from a Supplier that contributes here ..
What, exactly, annoys you about this?

Plenty of ebike sellers don't post here - In fact the forum represents just a tiny minority of ebike enthusiasts.

"The batribike people" are fine poeple, IMHO - Just don't have a lot to say...

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Perhaps it`s the feeling of isolation , you never hear anything about them or from them . Contrast that with the sense of Community on here from the likes of Kudos , Woosh and many other Suppliers who contribute freely on this Forum . Perhaps if Lynda had bought a Batribike it might have been different , but no she had to buy a Tonaro where they have yet to unite !

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Too right Lynda!

We'd have sold hundreds (or would we? maybe we would rather have sold Tonaros and Wooshes!)
I have to agree that they weren't clued up and although e bikes are complicated in some ways to sell they should perhaps have done a bit more homework.

I loved the posh guy who said it was the first time he'd ever been to Bimingham...like it was somewhere in the depths of darkest Borneo. Hilarious. Wonder who'll win?
Hatti
Hatti, it goes without saying that we would have been selling woosh and Tonaros :D

And can you imagine what that guy would have thought if we had been in South Shields ....or heaven forbid, Thirsk :p ( calm down any thirsk members, nothing derogatory, this is a private joke between the two of us plus kudos dave lol )

btw.....Court Barton any time soon ?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I can tell you can't stand him because you had clearly left out his title - "Lord"

MS
I do with all of them, these titles often being unearned and always unfairly distributed. The only real meaning they have is the false implication of superiority. It's all part of the class culture that still infects this country.

I do use their titles when there's any negative factor in the attribution such as the criminality of some House of Lords members, thus highlighting how ridiculous such titles are.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I like Alan Sugar, always have.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
I do with all of them, these titles often being unearned and always unfairly distributed. The only real meaning they have is the false implication of superiority. It's all part of the class culture that still infects this country.

I do use their titles when there's any negative factor in the attribution such as the criminality of some House of Lords members, thus highlighting how ridiculous such titles are.
Well that is your opinion, and are you sure that you are not having a personal dig at him as an individual? Remember also that you are entitled to voicing your own opinion at any given time, whether feasible or not .

MS

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Well that is your opinion, and are you sure that you are not having a personal dig at him as an individual?
I am indeed having a dig at him as an individual in the sense that I posted, his demeanour which I find offensive, at times bullying and aggressive. It's unnecessary and undesirable.

D

Deleted member 4366

I am indeed having a dig at him as an individual in the sense that I posted, his demeanour which I find offensive, at times bullying and aggressive. It's unnecessary and undesirable.
He's not quite like that in real life. He just does that for television, but he is very straight-talking and pragmatic, which personally, I like.

50 Hertz

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2013
It's the character that he has been given to play in the game show which is, The Apprentice.