Selling Electric Bikes on The Apprentice

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
It's the character that he has been given to play in the game show which is, The Apprentice.
Actually, it's the character that he chose to play. No-one forced him to take part.
Can I have my licence fee back?

50 Hertz

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2013
Actually, it's the character that he chose to play. No-one forced him to take part
Actually, he was forced to take part. If he didn't do it, Donald Trump said that he would tie Nick Hewer to a burning toboggan, coax a rabid squirrel to mount his face and catapult the whole sorry mess into an aeroplane propellor. So he didn't have much choice in the matter.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
He's not quite like that in real life. He just does that for television, but he is very straight-talking and pragmatic, which personally, I like.
As I remarked earlier, I haven't watched a minute of his TV show since I wouldn't want to. I'm speaking of earlier times.

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
There seemed to be a widespread presumption displayed by the passers-by touted in that Apprentice episode that an electric bike meant you wouldn't be pedaling so the perception was that it was basically a throttle-controlled moped to sit on and be propelled along.

None of the "sales people" seemed to have a response to that so perhaps they thought so too. Does the batribike not have a PAS ?

Somewhere to test ride them would have likely generated a load more sales. What was more staggering was the number of people willing to part with £10k+ for a trailer/tent at a show.

As for the contestants - well, I thankfully haven't seen a bigger load of egotistical know-it-alls in a very long time (the eccentric guy who'd never been in a caravan or to Birmingham excepted, who actually had some manners, sense of humour and humility despite being mocked and having difficulty relating to the target market at first).

My appreciation of Alan Sugar's straightforward manner is unfortunately crowded out by the love he has for himself and the fact his setup reminds me of a Tudor court with himself as Regent. It's actually pretty nauseating. I guess it must be tough suffering the ineptitude of aspiring lakkies when you know everything and are perfect in every way yourself. Ah well ...

ghouluk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 11, 2013
Actually, he was forced to take part. If he didn't do it, Donald Trump said that he would tie Nick Hewer to a burning toboggan, coax a rabid squirrel to mount his face and catapult the whole sorry mess into an aeroplane propellor. So he didn't have much choice in the matter.
now....that would be quality television, no complaints about the license fee then! although i would feel bad for the squirrel.

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Isn't it meant to be "reality TV" ?

BAH48

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2012
Appleby Cumbria
Seems to me that they are all playing a part, perhaps it is "reality TV", but all the situations are contrived and artificial. I guess it's a "marmite show - I don't take it seriously, but like marmite, I quite like it.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Isn't it meant to be "reality TV" ?
No such thing.

The media can never resist tweaking things to make them what they think is more interesting.

eg this morning there was a quote by police officer in relation to Dale Cregan murder case on BBC Radio 5 and the second time it was transmitted a whole middle section of the quote was missing which made the quote more dramatic but also shifted its context.

lies, damn lies and careful editing :).

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
No such thing.

The media can never resist tweaking things to make them what they think is more interesting.

eg this morning there was a quote by police officer in relation to Dale Cregan murder case on BBC Radio 5 and the second time it was transmitted a whole middle section of the quote was missing which made the quote more dramatic but also shifted its context.

lies, damn lies and careful editing :).
Yeh, but who edits my posts?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
But did the program do anything to market Batribike or ebikes in general. I am finding so much interest in the 2 Kudos bikes I have bought out to Greece from fellow boat owners,mostly and ironically Brits,who still do not understand them but love the idea once it's explained. We all in the ebike industry have so much more work to do selling this concept.
Is it just me or do others feel the forum has lost a bit of momentum of late-need some controversy to stir things up a bit.
The boat alongside me named 'Air' has just launched a helicopter,built by Feadship,all 270 foot long-quite a sight to see-I googled the name,it is owned by Augustus Perfetti,the biggest seller of chewing gum in the world-must have sold a lot of chewing gum!
Kudosdave

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Is it just me or do others feel the forum has lost a bit of momentum of late-need some controversy to stir things up a bit.
The trouble with being controversal is it is likely to get you banned !!!!!:rolleyes:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Sorry not had time to reply before.
CB September I hope.

Hatti