Sensor query

ding-dong

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2011
Costa Blanca Spain
Hi Guys (and Gals) I am fitting a kit.
I would like to fit my sensor disk on the chainwheel side,(where it would be hidden) trouble is I can't remove the bottom bracket nut (the one with 2 flats on), tried the usual punch/screwdriver method (I am pretty sure it's a l/h thread). I could fit it on the left side but it would'nt look so neat (it's 60mm dia) plus it would be a bit exposed to damage, on the other hand I suppose if it's on the right it could get seriously damaged if the chain came off ??. The bike is a Dahon Espresso. Would appreciate your comments. Thanks a lot. Eddie, Ding-dong)

Just seen IanA's very usefull post with photo's so will do similar if no replies. Thanks. & thanks IanA

Last edited:

aseb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2009
Yes, there is a kit that goes on that side. The pedelec sensor is connected to the throttle wiring not the usual way. One guy that has them is Edward Lyen, they were $20 plus carriage. Check with him to make sure it meets your needs, he's very helpful and knowledgeable. He takes part in ebike event so sometimes it can be several days before you get an answer, sometimes it's just hours! contact LYEN@hotmail.com
Check out this thread he directed me to: endless sphere thread.