Servicing for a 2016 Kalkhoff Integrale

John Roberts

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2015
Hi,
Could anyone point me in the right direction to get this serviced? Originally bought from 50cycles. Ive contacted a few UK dealers who say they will only service bikes bought from them, so Im a bit disheartened now.

It's very low use and mileage, but not been loved really (left in the rain) and hasn't been ridden for a few years.

Let me know if your opinion is its now a worthless piece of £3000 junk! I need to decide if it's worth taking with me on an imminent house move.

Thanks.

PS I'm currently midlands, but will be moving south/south-west

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Kalkhoff Dealer Search shows a spread of South/South West dealers from Bristol and Bath down to along the south coast from Exeter though to Hilsea. Once they know you've moved into the area they may service it for you, and you could sound them out with a phone call before deciding.

LINK

As for worthwhile, the Impulse motors were very troublesome for many, but the Evo one in the Integrale was the latest and best and in the event of a failure can have a rebuild service by ebike motor centre.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi,
Could anyone point me in the right direction to get this serviced? Originally bought from 50cycles. Ive contacted a few UK dealers who say they will only service bikes bought from them, so Im a bit disheartened now.

It's very low use and mileage, but not been loved really (left in the rain) and hasn't been ridden for a few years.

Let me know if your opinion is its now a worthless piece of £3000 junk! I need to decide if it's worth taking with me on an imminent house move.

Thanks.

PS I'm currently midlands, but will be moving south/south-west
Is there something wrong with it because they don't need any servicing other than what any bike shop can do?

John Roberts

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2015
Kalkhoff Dealer Search shows a spread of South/South West dealers from Bristol and Bath down to along the south coast from Exeter though to Hilsea. Once they know you've moved into the area they may service it for you, and you could sound them out with a phone call before deciding.

LINK

As for worthwhile, the Impulse motors were very troublesome for many, but the Evo one in the Integrale was the latest and best and in the event of a failure can have a rebuild service by ebike motor centre.
yes, I did a dealer search on the kalkhoff site, but as I said they e been less than helpful in servicing a bike not bought from them. I’ve given up contacting any more of these now.

John Roberts

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2015
Is there something wrong with it because they don't need any servicing other than what any bike shop can do?
well, it’s a little rusty in places, flat tyres, brakes squeaky. needs some tlc for sure, but I’d rather pay someone to do it to be honest. Battery and Motor are probably ok.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the shops wont touch it as they dont have the software to check the motor batt display for errors ect and as it is that bike with that motor means they dont want anything to do with it.

if it is just normal bike stuff that needs servicing then you could try a Mobil mechanic to get that stuff sorted.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
well, it’s a little rusty in places, flat tyres, brakes squeaky. needs some tlc for sure, but I’d rather pay someone to do it to be honest. Battery and Motor are probably ok.
Any bike shop will sort out brakes, tyres and rusty parts, especially if it means selling some parts. Everything except the motor, battery and control panel is standard bike parts. I bet even Halfords would do that, but best is to look up your local bike recycling charity. They normally do servicing for low prices.

You only need a Kalkhoff dealer if something is wrong with the electrics.

If you tell me exactly where you are in the Midlands, I might be able to help further.

Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i got the same treatment when i got my bike as said it was a motor bike and wanted nothing to do with it.

tho if i took a bafang down the ebike shop they would not touch that either but one of there agents is Neil at cogsygogs that sells bafang kits which is a bit weird lol

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Battery and Motor are probably ok.
These could be the deciders. Those batteries do have a sleep mode to protect them in storage, but you say it hasn't been used for few years. I'd recommend you charge the battery fully and test the bike out on a climb to ascertain battery and motor are ok.

Either are very costly if faulty, the batteries are matched to the system and only the specified ones can be used. Motor reconditioning is also quite expensive.

But if both of them are ok, I'm sure you'll be able to find the odd more traditional local bike shop who'll be able to bring the bicycle parts like brakes etc up to scratch, once they are assured they don't have to touch the electrics. Leaving the battery off will assure them of that.

N.B. Crossed with Saneagle's post.

John Roberts

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2015
Any bike shop will sort out brakes, tyres and rusty parts, especially if it means selling some parts. Everything except the motor, battery and control panel is standard bike parts. I bet even Halfords would do that, but best is to look up your local bike recycling charity. They normally do servicing for low prices.

You only need a Kalkhoff dealer if something is wrong with the electrics.

If you tell me exactly where you are in the Midlands, I might be able to help further.
I’m in Stratford upon Avon

John Roberts

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2015
Having forgotten most stuff about my bike, I now believe is has the Impulse Evo engine. So was this one immune to the many faults I’ve now discovered the Impulse had?

would love to have a kalkhoff dealer diagnose the engine with their software but no one seems interested

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
peter at ebike motor centre can sort all the impulse motors now but there over run with work atm but all you would need to do is remove the motor and put it in a box and they will pick it up.

just make sure the batts are working and charging