Shimano Steps range

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
They've got one haven't they? Is this your system?

There are two displays for E6000 STEP, don't why manufacturers are still using smaller one. The larger better display as been out since beginning of 2016.
My Shimano Steps does not give a percentage reading for the battery, only bars. it is Shimano Steps 6000, perhaps you have 8000.

• Informative
Reactions: Artstu

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
These are the factors that Bosch publish as affecting Range:-

Rider Options
  • Average speed
  • Riding assist mode
  • Weight
  • Cadence
eBike Options
  • Drive type
  • Battery capacity
  • Gear type
  • Bike type
  • Tyres
Environment Options
  • Surface type
  • Terrain
  • Wind conditions
  • Starting up

• Useful
Reactions: nemesis
D

Deleted member 4366

The range statement is fair. I put one on my towball rack, and it it did 175 miles and still showed full battery. When I got to Beachy Head, I chucked the it over the cliff and timed it to splash into the sea. It reached a speed of 120 mph. Not bad for a 250w bike. They said it was limited to 25km/h - blöödy liars.

Read posts #80 and #81 for an explanation about battery range:
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/my-gtech-ebike-sport-review.24961/page-4

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
I haven't cycled the 77 miles since you last asked. Your comments are unhelpful quite unlike all the others who are eager to help with a problem regarding the advertised range of ebikes.

So to recap:
You sent five complaint emails to the manufacturer,
Started the same thread twice on this forum
Asked the same question on another forum

To a so called problem you have not even encountered!!!!!!!!

You are a keyboard gasbag.

When you actually find something that the bike does not do why not come back to the forum then.

Ebike range is like car MPG figures, achievable but just not by humans.

Charge your battery, ride your bike until it stops then come back and tell us how far you went.

Muppet!

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
50 odd miles is good on an ebike, there are so many factors involved that it is difficult to be exact. I can get 50+ or 20 + depending on terrain, wind, tyres, amount of bevvy etc.
Furryboots ur ye in the toon ? Bet yir huvin a guid laff at the Leomnister hard man, wonder if he'd be sae tuff tae yer face ? Quik malky in order if ye ask me.

• :D
Reactions: IR772

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex
50 odd miles is good on an ebike, there are so many factors involved that it is difficult to be exact. I can get 50+ or 20 + depending on terrain, wind, tyres, amount of bevvy etc.
Furryboots ur ye in the toon ? Bet yir huvin a guid laff at the Leomnister hard man, wonder if he'd be sae tuff tae yer face ? Quik malky in order if ye ask me.
What speak is that? You not from you here are you?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
So to recap:
You sent five complaint emails to the manufacturer,
Started the same thread twice on this forum
Asked the same question on another forum

To a so called problem you have not even encountered!!!!!!!!

You are a keyboard gasbag.

When you actually find something that the bike does not do why not come back to the forum then.

Ebike range is like car MPG figures, achievable but just not by humans.

Charge your battery, ride your bike until it stops then come back and tell us how far you went.

Muppet!
Harsh, but I agree the OP is being very needy over what is a straightforward matter.

Reactions: IR772

Martin Waddell

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 7, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
I would like to thank the many people making sensible replies to a definite problem regarding the advertised range of the Ridgeback Electron plus. As I am 71 years of age and enjoy cycling I decided on an ebike. The range stated by Ridgeback is obviously a fiction. I am very aware that hills, wind, weight of cyclist etc will affect the delivered range. The comment about dropping a bike over a cliff and it reaching 120mph is of no value as are the comments made by the person calling me a muppet. Is this forum not moderated so that individuals making such abusive remarks are not removed from taking part in forum discussions.

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
I would like to thank the many people making sensible replies to a definite problem regarding the advertised range of the Ridgeback Electron plus. As I am 71 years of age and enjoy cycling I decided on an ebike. The range stated by Ridgeback is obviously a fiction. I am very aware that hills, wind, weight of cyclist etc will affect the delivered range. The comment about dropping a bike over a cliff and it reaching 120mph is of no value as are the comments made by the person calling me a muppet. Is this forum not moderated so that individuals making such abusive remarks are not removed from taking part in forum discussions.
Don`t be put off by the negative comments of the few because most people on here are more than helpful with some great advice and a few of them are very knowledgeable.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i can have 4 bars out of 5 on my bosch display and says 6 miles left lol. ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0305.JPG

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
What a sad person, IR772, is! Staying in on a Saturday night to insult those on forum. Get a life !
See you in a months time when you ask the question again.

Actually at work.

The forum is moderated so it says a lot for your post.

Have you done the 77 miles yet ? No

Go and do the distance let us know, stop talking and do something.

• Useful
Reactions: Martin Waddell

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Alright IR772, calm down :). You're right to call out duplicate/cross posting, but not everyone's expectations of battery life are realistic, and gently explaining things is very often the most useful (and kindest) approach.

Martin, if the stated range is ~70 miles and you are comfortably getting ~50 then that's probably OK. A others have stated, range is subject to so many factors that it is probably not all that measurable. I don't mind that they state it though, since it gives a rough idea of relative range. For example if you are promised ~50 miles on a 400Ah battery and you want ~80 miles, then maybe you need the 500Ah battery.

• Agree
Reactions: nemesis

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
The range statement is fair. I put one on my towball rack, and it it did 175 miles and still showed full battery. When I got to Beachy Head, I chucked the it over the cliff and timed it to splash into the sea. It reached a speed of 120 mph. Not bad for a 250w bike. They said it was limited to 25km/h - blöödy liars.

Read posts #80 and #81 for an explanation about battery range:
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/my-gtech-ebike-sport-review.24961/page-4
Did you then put in a warranty claim?

• :D
Reactions: halfer