Shimano Steps SW-E6000 shifter left/right problem

Nutz

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 26, 2016
Edinburgh
Hi folks
The right shifter on my bike lost a button, and I bought a replacement for £20 on Ebay rather than spend £50 for a new one.
When I installed it, it appears that although they look the same, my new right shifter appears to the bike as a left shifter and I get a warning W030.

According to this page it is programmable for left/right - but I can't figure out to do this.....

Does anyone know how I can get the new shifter to behave as a right side one?
Alternatively, could I disassemble the old/new and just swap the button?

Nutz

Dec 26, 2016
Edinburgh
Never mind - I figured out how to take it apart and just swapped the button over. Might be useful someday though if anyone knows how to reprogram it!

Nutz

Dec 26, 2016
Edinburgh
Resurrecting my old thread. So after a year and a half with no problems the right shifter now seems to not be working correctly. The bike won't change gear and the black button is acting as if it's the left shifter's black button. Does anyone know how to reprogram these units? I still have the innards of the replacement I bought and can swap the buttons if only I could reprogram the shifter to be left/right

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you will need to take it to a shimano dealer that has the software to do it as things like this are locked out to the end users.