Silverado

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
Bought one of these for Jenny, bit doubtful as there were some warnings about the machine on some posts,
Reason J is 5'2" need a small frame
Hip is coroding fast, can't lift leg too high
Weight..the Aggatu has brillant step thro, but bit heavy
Need throttle control, so if leg gives out on trip can either cruse back, or I can Aggatu back to the car and return
Really had to have a folder, car is a Fiat (skateboard) imagine two Aggatus on back of one of those:eek:
As to the bikeInfo is scarce,

Your Silverado is an electrically assisted bicycle when the battery switch is on the on position.. Pedal effect is matched by the motor
Using the throttle control you mcan sit back and let the motor do all the work AFTER a few rotations of the pedals

Does any one know what system this is.
also there is a switch on the throttle control...when asked bike shop said oh dont worry it does nothing it is not connected :eek: :eek:
The battery is a phylion and bigger than the Aggatu lion
I tried to up load some photos but not sure
(with some(lot) short term memory loss some things are getting difficult(( I can still decline quite a few latin verbs, but have forgotten how to reconfigure a lossy file)

Attachments

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The XH 370 8J battery is very similar to the XH 370 10J that was fitted to the eZee bikes and which gave so much trouble with cutting out and very short life.

Since that was in part due to the very high powered eZee motors, this doesn't mean to say it will be as bad, the cutting out would not be a problem with a lower powered motor, though it could indicate a not very long battery life if the cells are similar as the type number might indicate.

The pedalling off the mark to get going probably indicates the type of Hall effect motor fitted, having a three wire controller. Generally Hall effect bikes that power off the mark have eight wire controllers. However it's also possible that it's a brush motor, though I doubt it from photos.

If it's a rocker switch, maybe with "O" and "I" on it, the redundant switch on the throttle control is probably a lights switch, some bikes incorporating lights that run from the main battery.

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
Thanks Flecc
Not too happy about the battery though,:eek:
Have just been out in the rain done 15 miles with one light out, covered the same hills as my Aggatu, not in the same class though.
..But came about a mile up a gradient I would not like to cycle up on the throttle...that's a bit of a plus for J
I think I have at last got this file small enough to upload...:eek:

Attachments

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't recognise that motor, but hopefully someone else will.