trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
looks OK to me too.
Do you have problem changing gears?

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
Not really. Sometimes when climbing a hill. But I've learnt to stop pedalling for a second change, then commence pedalling. Works great.

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
On occasion when I've mistimed or forgotten to use this technique I will get a clunky gear change

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
As long as the chain runs smoothly over each and everyone of the rear cogs after you change gear, there is nothing to worry about. Put a few drops of oil or Lithium grease on the chain if it feels dry.
I read in another thread that your battery seems to rattle a bit. Try putting a couple of large elastic bands, going under the battery then over the rear end of the rack, in effect strapping the rear of the battery to the rack. That may stop the rear of the battery flapping about when riding over uneven surface. Put some Lithium grease around the front part of the battery that is engaged inside the controller box and also over the plastic rail that the battery slides on when you pull out the battery, that should also help eliminating rattling.

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
Thanks Trex. I don't think it is the battery. It's very tight in place and after a few drop tests on the back wheel it doesn't seem to budge. I'm 95.76% sure it's the chain :)

I may invest in a chainstay protector!

crE

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2014
Thanks Trex. I did that this morning and the chain rattle has decreased massively! I have a cheap chainstay guard on order too to hopefully eliminate the issue entirely.