SJCAM

Peter Ball

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2015
Hi, After all the advice I got from you good people re, what camera to get SWMBO for Christmas, it seems that the SJCAM M20 would be a best buy for the money.

I don't have much experience with E Bay but it seems there are lots of people selling these, with good offers to include all accessories and three spare batteries all for about £90. They say they are new but may come in a plain box that's maybe been opened to inspect the camera?? I would really appreciate any help from someone who's, perhaps bought one, and could recommend a dealer or has more experience of E Bay.

Thanks for any help and stay warm in the snow.

Peter Ball

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2015
I find ebay and Amazon ok for low value items, but prefer a retail outlet for more expensive purchases, even at a higher cost, as its much easier to get things sorted if they go wrong...
Just my opinion..
Hi Gubbins, Thanks for the response, can you recommend a good retailer?

Peter Ball

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2015
You can buy directly from SJcam:
https://sjcam.com/product/m20/

It might be a little more expensive, but at least you know that you'll get a genuine one.
Hi, d8veh,

Thanks for posting up the web address for SJCAM, to avoid the possibility of buying a fake I decide to take your advice and get it direct from them. At £89 the price is not that different fro ebay, although standard delivery is free I was warned it can take up to 30 days so decided to pay £18 for express delivery as it's for SWMBOs Christmas.

They provided me with a tracking number. It was sent out last Wednesday 13th and I received it this morning 18th. It went from Chek Lap Kok in Hong Kong to Shennan-Shi in Japan to Charles De Gaulle France then to Stanstead, to Stoke on Trent, then to Spalding Linc's and delivery to me. Not bad considering it would have had to be cleared at all customs.

Peter Ball

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2015
When SWMBO starts to use it on her bike what speed would you recommend to get a good picture?
Thanks for any advice.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id go for 4k 30fps if it can do it or 1080p 60fps 4k will fill a 32gb card in 60 mins.