Slung seat post

T Pringle

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 12, 2012
HI all - need some suggestions if possible! I own a 5/6 yr old pro connect. For some reason unknown even to myself, I replaced it's 700x35c tyres with 700x28 Schwalbe Marathons. I believe (imagine?!) this resulted in the bike rolling better, being faster, climbing hills easier and has improved battery efficiency. The big downside is, of course, the bone-crunching, teeth rattling experience when riding over rough patches on road surfaces! Can anyone suggest a good shock absorbing seat post (believe they are called 'slung'?) that would fit on the pro connect? Many thanks! Tom

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This one is not cheap, but it's brilliant at what it does and far better than any of the simple pillar type:

Suntour SP12 NCX Seatpost

The 28mm Marathons were probably a mistake, they really are very inflexible. If yours are the Marathon Plus version in that width, you'd be just as comfortable riding on the alloy rims!

T Pringle

Apr 12, 2012
This one is not cheap, but it's brilliant at what it does and far better than any of the simple pillar type:

The 28mm Marathons were probably a mistake, they really are very inflexible. If yours are the Marathon Plus version in that width, you'd be just as comfortable riding on the alloy rims!

t

thanks, flecc! It is a bit pricey but looks good and do have a birthday coming up! Regarding the Marathon tyres, they were advertised E bike ready and although I do like their performance, I should have obviously known better in terms of the hard ride, particularly given that the pro connect gives a hard ride under the best conditions! Luckily, after your comments, I got the Marathon 'original ' and not the 'plus ' ! Thanks again!

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I'll second vote the suntour seatpost.
I've got the NEX version and it's the best cycling accessory I've brought, I even move it between two bikes and won't ride a bike without it.

T Pringle

Apr 12, 2012
I have just completed my first ride with the suntour seatpost and you are right - its fantastic at smoothing out the ride! Thank you, gentlemen!