cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
cwah, I would be interested but currently I have two Konion 3Ah packs a 6Ah pack and three A123 2.3Ah packs :)

Jerry

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
No problem, I just wanted to tell you.

I always upgrade my equipment and re-sell other. I'm ordered a bunch of these Konion V3 cells. Will tell you my result when I'll receive them

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
No problem, I just wanted to tell you.

I always upgrade my equipment and re-sell other. I'm ordered a bunch of these Konion V3 cells. Will tell you my result when I'll receive them
Do the packs from schwibsi work out cheaper than EM3EV Samsung ones ? I like that he can make them into any shapes to accommodate other things in the enclosure.

dingrpdl

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2012
Hong Kong

alemanyorks

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2011
Most accidents I have heard of have been physical damage or over charged/discharged, treated with commonsense I feel they are acceptably safe.
I'm looking a Lipo possibly to replace my duff bottle battery, how do you check while riding that you haven't over discharged them?

D

Deleted member 4366

Lipo alarms and/or voltmeter and/or wattmeter.

The wattmeter tells you the present pack voltage and how many aH you've used. Lipo alarms sound when any cell goes below minimum.

In practice, the pack goes down slowly until it reaches 36v (10S) or 44v (12S), then accelerates rapidly downwards, so a pack voltage read-out is fairly safe as long as you don't go below 36v/44v; however, if you forgot to charge half your pack, which is easily done, you could start off with 18v +21 = 39v, and within a short time the 18v one would be bricked., so you have to use a bit of intelligence as well. You should know that a charged 10S pack is 42v, so when you see 39v when you start off, alarm bells should be ringing in your head.

When you charge your packs, you should always look to see what the individual cell voltages are, so you pick up any abnormal behaviour or duff cells. None of this is difficult, but you have to be sensible. Never make assumptions or ignore unusual cell voltages.

alemanyorks

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2011
I'm going to get a new battery pack to replace my duff 10s4p bottle battery (i'll have a go at repair & keep spare) & would like some opinions on my options.

I have a PAS setup with a bafang (or very similar) 250w(marked) motor. I pedal alot over my 6 mile commute (12 round trip). Terrain is not flat, mostly down on way with 1/2 mile of 10% & up way back with 2miles of 4-8%. I do tackle some steeper stuff upto 15% but it runs out of puff & so do I ;) but gets there eventually.

I've had a look at the Konions & got a quote for 10s3p pack thats very compact & also looked at 5800mah LiPo 10s pack that may also fit the bill, they seem to be similar in price taking into account buying a balance charger etc.
Any other options I ought to look at?