Smart Car division to sell e-bikes

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
about time ... I mentioned e-bikes when I took my car for a service recently and all I got was blank looks ... if I was a car salesman I would put an ebike on top of all the cars in the showroom ...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
about time ... I mentioned e-bikes when I took my car for a service recently and all I got was blank looks ... if I was a car salesman I would put an ebike on top of all the cars in the showroom ...
On a number of occasions when dropping off my cars for MOT etc, I carry my folding eZee Quando based Q-bike in the boot to ride home on and usually demonstrate it to the sales and reception people who are invariably both intrigued and very interested. Using it in that way they immediately grasp the relevance and usefulness in a situation appropriate to their business. If only sold by them for this purpose, breakdown situations and local short trips, the sales potential is large.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Being as i have a Mercedes E class estate Mercedes collect my car and leave a E class

on loan while my car is being serviced Fully valeted then the driver returns my car and takes away the loan car FREE

Frank

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Mercedes Subsidiary are to sell their new e-bike from all their outlets. Details of the bike and origins on the link below:

New Smart-Grace e-bike
Interesting, but why do these companies always try and re-invent the bicycle and whilst they are at it, the wheel as well? Haven't bikes evolved to the stage where they are about as efficient as they are going to get?

RussJ

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2011
Hi Being as i have a Mercedes E class estate Mercedes collect my car and leave a E class

on loan while my car is being serviced Fully valeted then the driver returns my car and takes away the loan car FREE

Frank
Having had several Mercedes over the years, one thing I can say for certain is that they don't do anything for "FREE"!

Russ

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Frankly, it's overpriced for what it is. They have gone overboard on electronics when they are not needed. It looks uncomfortable and I cannot see many Mercedes owners buying one.
It does not seem to be aimed at any particular market (Urban commuter, older/less able, sports and leisure)
Although big claims are made, they are vague. Mileage I always take with a pinch of salt, hill climbing is becoming much more important now that e-bikes are becoming popular outside the usual cycling districts

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Remember though that it's being marketed by the Smart division, not the Mercedes side of sales. They don't supply a "free" E class loan car, and as others have said, nothing is free from Mercedes anyway. I agree that as usual, the styling and design is extreme in the usual car company way on e-bikes, but it's the publicity benefit that could be the gain. A large proportion of the public are amazingly still unaware of the growing presence of e-bikes. The more they see e-bikes dangled in front of their noses, the more likely it is that they will have a Homer Simpson moment of dawning realisation.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Oh come on guys.....dont burst my bubble I love my two mercedes and I love having my car valeted when I take it in for a service MOT or whatever and I love the service and the free coffee and I love my car and my motorhome, and I love Lewis Hamilton ....OK and jensen..... and I would just love a mercedes e-bike......but just not quite like what they are showing LOL
Get the style right and, well, I am just a sucker for mercedes :D :D

Can you tell ????

Lynda