Snap!

JimRides

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2016
Liverpool
I've been commuting to work on my e-bike for almost 2 years now and in that time seeing another e-bike on my journey has gone from a once-in-a-blue-moon occasion to me seeing at least another one every day. I think this is a sign of the growing interest in electric bicycles. Well done to us :)!

This morning for the first time I saw someone riding the exact same model bike as mine, which surprised me enough to overcome my normal reserve and give them a friendly shout out :D

Has anyone else seen someone using the same e-bike? (It doesn't count if you and your partner bought two identical bikes at the same time! :D) And do they look as good as you do riding it?

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Mine's a conversion - so no. But I do give a wave. Saw two cubes down at Llangrannog the other day.
Given up on the lycras 'cos, mostly, you don't even get a raised eyebrow from them. I get the impression that any bike that doesn't make your spine parallel to the road isn't a bike , as far as they're concerned, and is therefore beneath contempt.

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
We've witnessed attitudes, towards ebiking in general, change hugely over the past few years. Even die hard cyclists are moving over to the state of the art newer type of e-MTB and e-Racing pedelecs. Although, there are still a few haters out there, it's mostly just banter now. :)

I've also seen an increasing amount over the past couple of years. None are the same as my kit bikes though. I've posted up a couple of videos, in passing, of a Carrera crossfire-e and a few G-Tech bikes and noticed a huge interest from their respective view counts. Times have changed and people have realised what a great tool ebikes are. Especially for commuting. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Julie and JimRides