Some advance info on the latest 2016 Kudos models

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
It is taking longer than we would have wished to ship our latest models but some members are asking what type of bike is the latest Kudos models to determine whether they are of interest.
Their is an embargo on full release but the following should give some idea of the type of bike....we have concentrated on keeping the prices competitive and introduced a fun element to all the new models.
As soon as photos are available I will publish on this forum.

K16.....a lightweight(15kgs),quick fold(10 secs) 16" wheeled commuter bike, a realistic bike to use on the bus/train ....£735.00
Sprint....a 24" wheeled,low frame,similar to the KTM compact....£895.00
Verona and Milano...26" wheeled Italian retro styled step throughs,Italian glamour....£795.00
Alamo and Stealth...700 c sports race bikes with slim wheels,ideal for the rider who wants to ride fast on a road race style of bike but with some assist up steep hills,very contemporary colour schemes,good specification for the price...£935.00
Miami....pure fun,26" wheeled beach racer,easy rider style....£815.00
Hope one of these is of interest.

We think the K16. Alamo and Stealth bikes are unique at their price point.

KudosDave

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Update, the following models will be available from late June / early July 2016

K16, URBAN FOLDING SERIES 16", BAFANG SWX HUB DRIVE

At last an e-bike that meets the criteria to be termed a proper commuter e-bike, to be easily carried onto a bus or train and also stowed securely at work.

Critera
Weighs less than 15kgs (±5%)
Genuinely folds in less than 10 seconds
Compact swing-arm design, easily carried
30→45 miles range, Samsung 10.4Ah lithium battery, lockable
15mph (25kph) throttle
Accessible battery, able to charge on or off the bike
Quick acceleration even with a 90kg rider
Dual height seatpost and adjustable handlebar height
Comfortable for a rider less than 5ft and above 6ft
Attractive contemporary appearance, strong safe construction
Available black/white/lime green or pink colour scheme
16" wheels the optimum wheel size for safe riding and portability
Well proved Bafang 250 watt x 36v hub motor
Useful stowage rack/stable kickstand when folded
LED PAS display with low-medium-high power selection
Simple single speed gearing combined with hi-torq motor for hill climbing
Excellent value for money

We have reviewed competitors to the K16 - some are fiddly to fold, some look like a toy under a big rider, some you have to remove the forks to access the battery, many are too heavy, some with Mag drives have no power, some only accommodate short riders, some are dangerous with tiny wheels, some have very poor hill climbing ability, some are very expensive … some may look like the K16, but it has taken 12 months of R&D to get the details right so that the bike fulfils its intended purpose as a true commuter electric bicycle.

£735.00 (inc VAT)

SPRINT, URBAN SERIES 24", BAFANG SWX HUB DRIVE

Such a useful e-bike, the 400mm long seatpost makes the bike comfortable for less than 5ft up to 6ft plus riders. The 24" wheels give riding confidence to a shorter person.

Built from top quality parts, including 11.6Ah Samsung battery (range 30-50 miles), 36v x 250 watt Bafang motor, Spanninga integral lights, Shimano 'V' brakes, Velo plush saddle, set off throttle and (6) level assistance LCD display.

Specification
24" x 1.75", 6061-T6 aluminium frame.
Shimano 7-speed SL-TX50 derailleur gears, 44T chainring
Speed (rotational) power sensor
Shimano 'V' brakes, power cut-off
Brushless Bafang 36v x 250 watt rear hub motor
Samsung in-frame lithium 36v x 11.6Ah battery, lockable
Charger with UK plug
Ally mudguards, rear rack and kickstand
LCD control display with (6) assistance levels
Set off (up to 6kmh) throttle
Wheel, front and rear reflectors
Range 30→50 miles, dependant upon rider input and terrain
Weight 20.9kgs

£895.00 (inc VAT)

VERONA/MILANO, CLASSIC SERIES, 26" BAFANG SWX HUB DRIVE

High end Italian city retro styled e-bikes. Classically painted in a rich colour scheme of burgundy and cream (Verona) or fresh Azur blue (Milano), reflections of 30's Italian glamour combined with modern technology. At home riding the vias of Verona or the Lungomare of Milano Marittima.

Specification
26" x 1⅜", 6061-T6 aluminium frame.
Shimano Tourney 7-speed derailleur, 42 tooth chainring
Shimano 'V' brakes, front and rear, colour matched
Samsung rack mounted lithium 36v x 11.6Ah battery, lockable
Charger with UK plug
Steel colour matched mudguards/ally stays
Front steel carrier, rear carrier, incorporating battery, elastic load strap, centre kickstand, robust steel chaincover
Front and rear LED battery lights
LCD control display with (3) assistance levels
Comfy colour matched saddle and grips
Weight 22.1kgs
Colour scheme - Verona - Cream frame with burgundy accessories, tan saddle and grips
Colour scheme - Milano - blue frame with ivory racks and stays, tan saddle and grips

£795.00 (inc VAT)

ALAMO/STEALTH, STREET PERFORMANCE SERIES, 700C, BAFANG

HI-SPEED HUB DRIVE

Newly developed high speed electric sport bike, lightweight engineered 6061-T6 aluminium frame with semi-concealed battery pack within the downtube.

Big 46-tooth chainring, 8-speed Shimano derailleur and 700C x 35 low rolling resistance tyres offers rapid non-assist performance, but with the reliable Bafang 250 watt hub motor assisting strongly up steep hills if desired.

Choice of unusual khaki or grey contemporary colour scheme, the style of these bikes are the future of sport e-biking, not expensive.

Specification
700C x 35C, 6061-T6 aluminium frame.
Shimano Acera 8-speed derailleur, 46 tooth chainring
Black Shimano 'V' rim brakes, Tektro cut-outs
Charger with UK plug
LCD display with (6) assistance levels, speedo and odometer
6kmh set off throttle
Weight 19.2kgs
Colour scheme - Alamo - khaki colour with khaki tyres, contrasting colour keyed graphics
Colour scheme - Stealth - grey colour with khaki tyres, contrasting colour keyed graphics

£935.00 (inc VAT)

MIAMI, CRUISER CLASSIC SERIES, 26" BAFANG SWX HUB DRIVE

Every time I look a this bike it bring back memories of the song 'Beach Baby' by First Class, enjoying the seaside - 70's nostalgia.

That is what this bike is about, fun and laid back cruiser riding style combined with modern e-bike technology.

Specification
26" x 2.35", 6061-T6 aluminium frame.

Shimano Tourney 7-speed derailleur, 42 tooth chainring
Promax 'V' brakes, front and rear
Charger with UK plug
Strong steel colour matched mudguards and stays
Rear steel carrier, incorporating battery, elastic load strap, kickstand, robust steel chaincover
Front and rear LED battery lights
LCD control display with (3) assistance levels
Cruiser style tan saddle and grips, double CP rings
Weight 25.1kgs
Colour scheme - ruby red frame, tan saddle and grips, cream tyres

£815.00 (inc VAT)

KudosDave

electrickery

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2015
fife scotland
A nice selection of bikes there Dave . A bit different to the usual mtb type. I hope they do well for you.Nice to see an offering for the short arses. I am trying to get a friend who is barely 5 feet into e biking. Will show her this.

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Is it just me, or are all the pictures squashed up? Nice bikes though...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
I often wondered what happened to the paint when British Leyland collapsed.

The colour never looked good on the Allegro/Marina, and it doesn't look good now either.

When i made that post, i nearly added.... 'a wonderful colour that graced the Austin Allegro in the 70's'... but i thought it may have been taking the **** too much.
But it is hideous isn't it !

Should have pictured the alternative colours Dave.

Reactions: EddiePJ

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Well I know that I am a contrarian, but I really like the dark brown and beige, sort of Café au Lait.

rippedupno1

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
Dudley,west midlands
@kudosdave,
Re the alamo /stealth, I definitely think you should be commended for the above together with the whoosh Karoo which I agree could be the future of fast sport /Commuter ebiking.
However I have to ask what was the purpose of producing such marmite colour schemes, which it could be argued will put off many people who might otherwise have been attracted to the model?
Not having a go just interested in the thinking behind the colour choice.
Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
Apart from the colour, i think the Alamo looks superb..... but i would have a hard time getting past that colour. In fact i wouldn't buy one because of it.
I could possibly see that colour maybe working on Halfords Pendleton range of womens bikes..... but even then it would probably only appeal to a few.
Waiting to see the grey Stealth one.... if its a metallic or matt grey it might be cool.

Reactions: rippedupno1

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the Alamo/Stealth and the Karoo are produced in the same factory but of course to different specifications. At the time the Karoo was made, the in-frame battery could only be made at 10.4AH or 13AH max and I wanted 13AH or 15AH. With hindsight, 13AH is plenty for the Karoo.
I think KD made the right call for in-frame battery. It's neater than the HL battery.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
There is the same bike in a grey with gold lining,maybe more to some forum members tastes.
You have to remember that the biggest share of our market is in London,the customers are often looking for something different.
We have conservative colours in our Rapide and Sonata bikes.
This range is about colour....the K16 is available in Black,White,Lime Green and Pink,all forward orders are in Lime Green and Pink.
The Secret bike is now available in Lime Green,i can see that being the most popular colour.
The Italian style retro step through is Red/Cream and Blue/Ivory,customers are so keen to view these bikes,basically because of the style and colour.
Pedelecs members seem more concerned about specification,illegality,throttles,hill climbing ability but the wider market is more concerned about style,colour and price,especially the ladies.
Our research suggests that the market in London wants colour and individuality,for too long all these e-bikes all look the same.
I saw a Raleigh bike at the NEC show in a very bright matt finish blue,I personally thought it hideous but others loved it.
One person's sweet is another's poison!!!!
KudosDave

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Apart from the colour, i think the Alamo looks superb..... but i would have a hard time getting past that colour. In fact i wouldn't buy one because of it.
I could possibly see that colour maybe working on Halfords Pendleton range of womens bikes..... but even then it would probably only appeal to a few.
Waiting to see the grey Stealth one.... if its a metallic or matt grey it might be cool.
Yamdude...I think you will like the grey with gold lining and khaki wheels,for me it was my favourite bike of the new range,am awaiting photos to come out of the studio.
KudosDave.