Some good road bikes for 2018

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Noticed that Focus and Cube have some really nice e-road bikes in the pipeline. Very hard to tell them apart from a standard road bike. I like speed dongles so if i added one that would make a great road / commuter bike and i can really see the point. With dongle i can cruise about 20-25mph on my mtb, and can see a road bike beating that by about 5mph.

If sensible, a real car beater in summer for commuting.

Reactions: LeighPing

OilyMechanic

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 30, 2015
Noticed that Focus and Cube have some really nice e-road bikes in the pipeline. Very hard to tell them apart from a standard road bike. I like speed dongles so if i added one that would make a great road / commuter bike and i can really see the point. With dongle i can cruise about 20-25mph on my mtb, and can see a road bike beating that by about 5mph.

If sensible, a real car beater in summer for commuting.
It's a shame that there's no dongles for the Fazua motor yet ;)

At 10.2kg and no motor resistance - you shouldn't need one anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
It's a shame that there's no dongles for the Fazua motor yet ;)

At 10.2kg and no motor resistance - you shouldn't need one anyway.
I personally wouldn't buy an e-bike that i couldn't use with a dongle. On my old road bike i averaged about 18mph when i was reasonably fit over a fair distance, so a dongle is a must for me.

Anyway, point is some really nice road bikes coming through.

OilyMechanic

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 30, 2015
I personally wouldn't buy an e-bike that i couldn't use with a dongle. On my old road bike i averaged about 18mph when i was reasonably fit over a fair distance, so a dongle is a must for me.

Anyway, point is some really nice road bikes coming through.
The whole point of the low weight is so you can pedal at whatever speed and average a normal speed.

The motor is there so you can average your 17mph up the hills only.

Bare in mind that the Fazua motor only went into full production last week, I wouldn't be in any rush on dongling the first batch.

https://www.cube.eu/2018/e-bikes/road/agree/cube-agree-hybrid-c62-slt-disc-black-edition-2018/

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
If they are smart it may dongle proof.

These bikes are not ideal for dongles anyway as motor is not as powerful as likes of CX and battery is to small.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A