Something for the weekend sir

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
So what is everyone up to in respect of sunny bank holiday riding?

I finally found some time early this morning to give the new KTM Fogo 271 a first ride and shake down, in readiness for an early start on the South Downs tomorrow.

I have a feeling that I am going to love this bike, and especially the plus size tyres.

Reactions: LeighPing and Gaz

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Mine's just had its first full service, so that's the crash, and is it all okay?, now put behind me. Itching to go out for a good ride with my shiny new chain and cassette, but I was working yesterday and I've promised to do housework and gardening today. Tomorrow could be the day for me as it's a non-working day - first 'weekend' in seven where I've got two days off in a row, woohoo!

Gaz

VictoryV

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2012
near Biggleswade
So what is everyone up to in respect of sunny bank holiday riding?

I finally found some time early this morning to give the new KTM Fogo 271 a first ride and shake down, in readiness for an early start on the South Downs tomorrow.
I like the anti-gravity self stabilsation system that keeps it upright with no visible means of support

Reactions: EddiePJ

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The system failed and let me down, seconds after taking the second photo! :(
You are the king of photoshop Eddie! For the others here is his assistant holding another bike before she was photoshopped out of the picture:

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
You are the king of photoshop Eddie! For the others here is his assistant holding another bike before she was photoshopped out of the picture:

What bike? I don't see a bike! :D

Steve, plus size tyres are the way to go. :) I was a convert to them the very first time that I tried a set on a bike in the Alps, and see them very much as the future (at least for me), especially on a hardtail. I'm definitely hovering on selling the fs Lycan in favour of getting another bike perhaps in the spring that has them.
The best bit of all, is that come winter time, I can down size to 2.3 and have masses of chainstay clearance, so no mud and debris issues.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
do you photo shop out the support to hold it up as if not i need a tech wizard atm.;(

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Sw, I think that you probably already have the stand that I use, as it would have come with your Lidl/Aldi bike stand. It is the telescopic rod, that has the rubber strap at the end which is used for holding the handlebars.

If you look at the following four photos from today, the stand is very evident in photos one and three, but not so in two and four. It is just a case of moving the stand or position to suit. :)

You can also see a Velcro strap around the brake lever, to stop the bike from moving.

These were reject shots.

Same position but different angle. Stand shown I yellow.

Same again.

The rear derailleur is a brilliant masking point for a stand, but it is a pain if it shows through the spokes, as I then have to clone it out. I try not to let that happen.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yeah i got one somewhere will have to find it ;) you any good with iphones? fkn doing my head right in now lol.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Afraid that I don't own one. :) I just have a cheapo Galaxy android.

I used to use a telescopic fishing rod stand, but the stand that came with the bike stand is far better in every respect. It can be locked into position and also wrapped around to prevent it from slipping.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there all cheap tbh well the parts are inside just if you ever buy a iphone 2nd hand make sure you check the imei code on the back first.;)

cos if it is icloud blocked it needs a hole new logic board and new account fkn things lol.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
What bike? I don't see a bike! :D

Steve, plus size tyres are the way to go. :) I was a convert to them the very first time that I tried a set on a bike in the Alps, and see them very much as the future (at least for me), especially on a hardtail. I'm definitely hovering on selling the fs Lycan in favour of getting another bike perhaps in the spring that has them.
The best bit of all, is that come winter time, I can down size to 2.3 and have masses of chainstay clearance, so no mud and debris issues.
I do a fair bit of road / tarmac riding hence the extra noise would do my head in, but off road i can see some small advantages.