Spare Charger Oxygen S-Cross CB

Tony gallagher

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 1, 2017
Uk
Battery def not charged I just took for a ride and nothing and yes dbye I ordered the one in your link in your first post

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
Possibly, sorry don't mean to sound patronising but it's just to sanity check. My charger has a label on that says 42v, 2A, centre positive, does yours too?

Easiest way to check if dodgy is with a multimeter if you've got one.

Other sanity check, is the kettle lead fully plugged into the brick and is the fuse in the plug good?

Tony gallagher

Jul 1, 2017
Uk
Yeah checked all of that mate all the same changed fuse etc just gonna get one from oxygen pay the extra so I know it will work thx for your time though dbye I appreciate it

D

Deleted member 4366

You were asked twice to measure the charger's voltage, but you didn't give the answer.

Tony gallagher

Jul 1, 2017
Uk
I haven't got a boot metre, I've ordered a new one from oxygen now somil let you know how I get on with that one. Thx

D

Deleted member 4366

Is your original Oxygen charger available and working. If not, you've just wasted £50.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Just a thought... Would it be sensible to check the battery fuse?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Just a thought... Would it be sensible to check the battery fuse?
the fuse, if there is one, should still be OK. The LED on the charger went red for a second before going green, signalling that the charger shuts itself down because either the battery voltage is too low or the BMS has a fault.
TG, can you check the battery's voltage?

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
Just to confirm there is a 30Amp blade fuse located in a separate compartment under the charge point, well at least on mine!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Just to confirm there is a 30Amp blade fuse located in a separate compartment under the charge point, well at least on mine!
that's for the output.
The charging port is usually not fused.

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
@Woosh -ahh I see what you mean, you're quite right. I've not identified a fuse for the input.

Tony gallagher

Jul 1, 2017
Uk
Juicy your a legend, I just checked the battery fuse and it's broke lol all that trouble for a teeny tiny fuse hopefully it will work when replaced.
Thx for all the help guys it's much appreciated

Reactions: VictoryV

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Juicy your a legend, I just checked the battery fuse and it's broke lol all that trouble for a teeny tiny fuse hopefully it will work when replaced.
Thx for all the help guys it's much appreciated
Let's hope that burned fuse isn't an indicator of a more serious problem. It's not likely, but I'm always happier if I can understand why any fuse has blown.

Tony gallagher

Jul 1, 2017
Uk
It was certainly the problem, if it happens again il have to investigate further thx again juicy.