Sparta Ion DTS conversion

John Kamphuis

Just Joined
Jan 25, 2024
Hi everybody,
I am glad I have found this forum. I am currently converting a Sparta Ion DTS due to a broken battery and a complex electronic system.
I found my items through Ali express and I am now installing the components. I have a number of questions, so I will start searching for answers first before I will post any questions. Hope I will find the information I need. Regards, John

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi everybody,
I am glad I have found this forum. I am currently converting a Sparta Ion DTS due to a broken battery and a complex electronic system.
I found my items through Ali express and I am now installing the components. I have a number of questions, so I will start searching for answers first before I will post any questions. Hope I will find the information I need. Regards, John
It's always best to ask before buying the stuff, but if you've already ordered or got it already, we'll do our best to help.

John Kamphuis

Just Joined
Jan 25, 2024
It's always best to ask before buying the stuff, but if you've already ordered or got it already, we'll do our best to help.
You are right, I did some study before I bought the components and had good advice from a Dutchmen who did several conversions of this type of bike. You tube was very helpful.

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Hi and welcome, folk here are not so formal, so off the cuff, or from the hip questions don't offend, and no "have you read my essay on ebike repair twice before asking??" responses..

And probably quite a bit of interest on how your going to progress too. What Dark Arts did you learn from this elusive Dutchman ;) A build thread might be fun?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
You are right, I did some study before I bought the components and had good advice from a Dutchmen who did several conversions of this type of bike. You tube was very helpful.
My first thoughts are" That's unfortunate", but I'm still full of hope for you. Maybe the Dutch guy knows a lot. The YouTube videos normally make me cringe, though I'm sure there must be a few good ones out there. Don't listen to me though, I'm just an arrogant smart&ss, and a bully according to some.

• :D
Reactions: Woosh and Nealh

John Kamphuis

Just Joined
Jan 25, 2024
Hi and welcome, folk here are not so formal, so off the cuff, or from the hip questions don't offend, and no "have you read my essay on ebike repair twice before asking??" responses..

And probably quite a bit of interest on how your going to progress too. What Dark Arts did you learn from this elusive Dutchman ;) A build thread might be fun?
@Badass-cycles
This was my initial teacher