Sparta RXS @ 2300 miles (and thumbs up for JustEBikes)

PatH

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2015
Update on last report. Bike now 18 months old.

Magura brake pads replaced @ 1900 miles then at around 2000 miles the 'service advised' message started showing. I was still able to ride the bike fine but then at 2100 miles the display became intermittent and then stopped completely. No power.

I was dreading this but called JustEbikes and arranged to take it to London, bit of a hassle getting it onto London overground but managed that and then a short unpowered ride to their shop. The lovely lady there quickly diagnosed a faulty display holder (it has a circuit in it), and said she could replace it there and then. And under warranty, free, gratis etc. Half hour later and I'm a happy ebiker cycling back to Victoria station. Fantastic service from the shop and they updated the motor firmware and reset the service indicator.

So she's good for the foreseeable hopefully and if and when bits need replacing I will know what to do.

Tyres still going strong, not one puncture, spokes are remaining tight. The battery still shows around 50 miles range from fully charged, hard to say if there is any noticeable loss, possibly, maybe, but to me it's as good as when new.

As a long term owner I still love the bike, and now I have grappled with it on public transport the continent awaits...!

Reactions: Gaz and evening2005