special edition UK KTM Macina, with drop bars

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I like it ! Setup like a commuter but lose the rack, guards, lights and it looks like an eCyclocross bike...... Though that really would be cheating !

Like the frame/battery design in particular

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
The lack of serviceable parts for Bosch motors would put me off buying another bike with a Bosch motor. So my money will be going to Giant with a Yamaha, whether parts for those motors will be easier to source I'm not sure, I had got the impression the situation would be better, I'd better check.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I too prefer the Giant, double chainring useful around here, rack integrated into the mudguard on the Quick-e+ which I prefer to the Road-e, flat bars and bar ends are more my thing these days.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I too prefer the Giant, double chainring useful around here, rack integrated into the mudguard on the Quick-e+ which I prefer to the Road-e, flat bars and bar ends are more my thing these days.
I'd not spotted those, thanks. Yes probably suit me better these days too.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
To reply more fully to your question @KTM Bike Industries UK I think it is really great that you a producing a bike specifically for a small market segment. Shows you really are listening to your clients.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
To reply more fully to your question @KTM Bike Industries UK I think it is really great that you a producing a bike specifically for a small market segment. Shows you really are listening to your clients.
Indeed, good to see what I believe is KTM's first drop-bar e-bike. Something carbon with a Yamaha motor would be even better.