Special Mention for Halfords Telford

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

I'm fixing a crossfire for a guy. He'd ripped the cable out of his pedal sensor and broken the lugs off it, so it needed a new one. The only place you can get them from is Halfords, so I went to see what the damage would be.

The guy told me that the spares replacement system wasn't working too well and that he was already waiting for two to come for customers' bikes. Basically, he could get one, but there might be a wait. I told him that I might be able to salvage the one I had, but it would be difficult because I didn't have the special connector. Then he told me that he had a new one that he couldn't use because a lug was broken off, and he gave it to me for nothing. I think I can easily fabricate some repair to the broken lug.

The pedal sensor is a torque and cadence sensor combined. I'll make another thread on how it works.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I use halfords regularly and find them to be helpful, often above and beyond but it depends on the staff and the training/experience they have.
At my keighley branch the staff in the bike dept are very good and as d8veh has noted if they can help FOC they will!
I wonder if it is company policy..

Reactions: LeighPing

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I use halfords regularly and find them to be helpful, often above and beyond but it depends on the staff and the training/experience they have.
At my keighley branch the staff in the bike dept are very good and as d8veh has noted if they can help FOC they will!
I wonder if it is company policy..
That's the key, the staff in each branch. I have three Halfords within reach, two I've previously found hopeless, the third very good simply because they had a very good man who knows his stuff in the bike department there.