Specialized Levo problems.

John25765

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 4, 2018
St Helens
Hi, Specialized Levo Turbo 2017 owner. Not impressed. 3 new motors, held water in tubes, seat post refurbed, and now battery will not charge. Specialized have refused refund or new bike. Has any one else had this amount of trouble? 2 heart attacks make this ideal for me but not reliable.

John25765

May 4, 2018
St Helens
Guarantee is 2 years on major parts and 5 years on frame. They have always honoured the guarantee but it gets to a point where enough is enough.

John25765

May 4, 2018
St Helens
I have been in conversation with the UK director for rider experience but have had no reply to my latest setback.

Neowoody

Just Joined
Jul 9, 2017
Bridgend
I have also had 2 battery's and 2 motors replaced since owning from Feb 2017. Currently back with bike shop with another motor issue. Have you had any luck seeking a refund or replacement?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I have also had 2 battery's and 2 motors replaced since owning from Feb 2017. Currently back with bike shop with another motor issue. Have you had any luck seeking a refund or replacement?
Getting a repair, replacement or refund

• Bought within the last 30 days - you can get a refund on a faulty product.

• Bought within the last 6 months - you are entitled to have it repaired or replaced once. If the item still doesn’t work you should get a full refund.

• Bought more than 6 months ago - you may still get a repair or replacement but you will only get a partial refund to reflect the use you’ve got out of the item. You’ll need to prove you didn’t cause the fault which may make it harder to get redress. These rights apply to items bought after 1st October 2015.

• Repair doesn’t work? If you have one repair and it doesn’t succeed, you can ask for a full or partial refunding, depending on when the purchase was made.

• Replaced with something different? The retailer should try to replace the item like-for-like. This may not always be possible, so if you’re offered something you don’t want you can ask for a refund.

• https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/how-citizens-advice-works/media/press-releases/shoppers-urged-to-use-their-consumer-rights/
so if it is less than 6 months old and they have already fixed it 1 time and it broke again you can ask for a full refund.

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
If I remember correctly your contract is between you and the seller, not the manufacturer. He is the one who you should ask for the refund or replacement

• Agree
Reactions: soundwave

Neowoody

Just Joined
Jul 9, 2017
Bridgend
Getting a repair, replacement or refund

• Bought within the last 30 days - you can get a refund on a faulty product.

• Bought within the last 6 months - you are entitled to have it repaired or replaced once. If the item still doesn’t work you should get a full refund.

• Bought more than 6 months ago - you may still get a repair or replacement but you will only get a partial refund to reflect the use you’ve got out of the item. You’ll need to prove you didn’t cause the fault which may make it harder to get redress. These rights apply to items bought after 1st October 2015.

• Repair doesn’t work? If you have one repair and it doesn’t succeed, you can ask for a full or partial refunding, depending on when the purchase was made.

• Replaced with something different? The retailer should try to replace the item like-for-like. This may not always be possible, so if you’re offered something you don’t want you can ask for a refund.

• https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/how-citizens-advice-works/media/press-releases/shoppers-urged-to-use-their-consumer-rights/
so if it is less than 6 months old and they have already fixed it 1 time and it broke again you can ask for a full refund.

Bike shop finally offered me a replacement bike and now own a kenevo comp. Hopefully motor issues are now fixed as this is 2nd gen.