sram dual drive + panasonic = only in flyer?

qeeeme

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2007
if i like to have a pedelec which i will use sometime as a bicycle (pedelec off) then i would like to have many gears. with the panasonic unit it is not possible to have many gears unless one uses the sram dual drive. so usually there are only 7 or 8 (or 9 gears) with the panasonic unit. only flyer offers the sram dual drive.
- only flyer or another company too?
- is it possible to mount a sram dual drive on bikes like kalkhoff proconnect or others using the panasonic unit with 8 gears?
thank you

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
if i like to have a pedelec which i will use sometime as a bicycle (pedelec off) then i would like to have many gears. with the panasonic unit it is not possible to have many gears unless one uses the sram dual drive. so usually there are only 7 or 8 (or 9 gears) with the panasonic unit. only flyer offers the sram dual drive.
- only flyer or another company too?
- is it possible to mount a sram dual drive on bikes like kalkhoff proconnect or others using the panasonic unit with 8 gears?
thank you
The Kalkhoff Pro Connect S will be available with 27-speed dual drive next year.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
At the moment it is only the Biketech Flyer models qeeeme, but as Tim has said they'll have the Kallhoff Pro Connect S with DualDrive here in the UK next year, you should be able to get it where you are in Germany quite early on. Check with a Kalkhoff dealer, and at least in Germany that 40 kph high speed bike is fully road legal.

The DualDrive can be added to the standard Panasonic powered bikes, subject to them having derailleur width (1/8") chainwheel and motor drive sprocket. However, the hub motor version's chain idler arm is far from ideal for derailleur operation on the latest units and could be troublesome if still using a 9 tooth motor chain drive sprocket. Best to use the 11 tooth if adapting one of those. The earlier Panasonic unit with it's 14 tooth sprocket adapted rather better.