Starting to narrow down what I want in a new bike

Katymac

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2017
Norfolk
I test rode a Motus before the weekend

I didn't like how bumpy it was - the guy in the shop said it might be because the tyres had too much air in but I really preferred the Crusa

It struggled to get up the hill in 3rd gear & turbo - the crusa doesn't

I liked the weight distribution the back doesn't wobble when you hold the front & I wheeled around my husbands Motus at the weekend (this one https://www.ranelaghcycles.com/m18b0s390p2739/RALEIGH-Motus-Grand-Tour-Gents-cross-bar-2018 ) and it was easier to manouver when pushing - so I think the middle battery/motor may work for me

So big tyres, centre battery/motor, pannier rack and a big comfy seat.....plus I'd quite like it to be pretty

Then I'll need to invest in some really nice pannier bags plus something separate for my laptop, a better coat (& i've just ordered new shoes and I'm off out looking for padded short today)

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

Katymac

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2017
Norfolk
I'm going on a road (train) trip - with my bike!!

I need a bike shop where they will let me ride a few different bikes (I am worried about the saddle tho')

I want to ride round on my bike, then on theirs several times

So what shop do I go to? Not too far from a Station (<10 miles I think) with lots of choice
Thanks

Dewey

Pedelecer
Sep 12, 2016
Arlington, VA
Rutland Cycling have a location right next to Cambridge station. 'Pretty' is subjective, I like step through's and some of the brands they carry I like the look of include the Cube Elly, Gazelle Grenoble C7, Kalkhoff Image, or Bergamont e-Horizon Wave. But I also like the 'look' of designer brands you have to get from London dealers like Velorution or Fully Charged like the ARCC Rosemont, Schindelhauer Hannah, Riese & Müller Nevo, and Moustache Samedi 28.5 Open.

But you can also try colourful accessories like Clarijs panniers

Last edited: