Statement from Bosch in relation to Classic line motors

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Passive aggressive

Passive-aggressive behavior is the indirect expression of hostility ........

Another source characterizes passive-aggressive behavior as: "A personality trait marked by a pervasive pattern of negative attitudes .......

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
The shame is Col that EddiePJ posted up a great bit of information which is, or could be, of a great help to many forum users, including me with a Bosch Gen 1 bike.

A couple of other members posted about their good & bad experiences with different dealers.

Then up you pop, as you often do, making assertions & knocking other dealers. You then start putting words like "advert" in quotes, again passive-aggressive behaviour.

As for "............ and are actually probably more qualified ................." well I believe that the dealer I got my bike from has been dealing with Bosch eBikes far longer than KTM have.

Many forum members on here have commented about what they consider your blatant advertising. Perhaps a look in the mirror might be appropriate before you continue any further mud slinging?

It seems that you often try to draw other dealers into conversations, possibly when you have an agenda, & then get frustrated when they don't react.

Perhaps a little less of attacking other dealers, a little less derailing threads & maybe contributing more, providing advice & assisting members with problems would restore our faith in you?

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
That has just made my day. Just to clarify Martin, are you saying that you are saying that you are the UK office for Bosch? A yes or no answer will do.
No - Very far from it. Just saying that we have had calls forwarded from Bosch with consumers pointed directly to us for advice. Very frustrating indeed.

Lets be clear, this is not Bosch eBike HQ / Magura in Germany. I believe its the UK call center for Bosch as a brand.

I will also point out that we have had other shops & suppliers also directed to us also. One manufacturer in particular offering to front labour costs for our time. Not something I am interested in supporting. My time goes to my customers.

Col - In response to your last comment, you probably know that our calls are in no way monitored / recorded. Therefore it will be difficult for me to prove the call to you.

Not that I need to prove in any case. I know that I am correct. I wouldn't be ignorant enough to post publically something that then may backfire on us.

Nor will I respond to any threats, or negativity. Thats not what the forum is for. I think that said dealers / manufacturers should put their time / efforts into promoting and eBikes throughout the UK - Not permit in a slagging match.

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
The shame is Col that EddiePJ posted up a great bit of information which is, or could be, of a great help to many forum users, including me with a Bosch Gen 1 bike.

A couple of other members posted about their good & bad experiences with different dealers.

Then up you pop, as you often do, making assertions & knocking other dealers. You then start putting words like "advert" in quotes, again passive-aggressive behaviour.

As for "............ and are actually probably more qualified ................." well I believe that the dealer I got my bike from has been dealing with Bosch eBikes far longer than KTM have.

Many forum members on here have commented about what they consider your blatant advertising. Perhaps a look in the mirror might be appropriate before you continue any further mud slinging?

It seems that you often try to draw other dealers into conversations, possibly when you have an agenda, & then get frustrated when they don't react.

Perhaps a little less of attacking other dealers, a little less derailing threads & maybe contributing more, providing advice & assisting members with problems would restore our faith in you?
Second that. Well put Wander!

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Both Martin and Col are very committed to driving their businesses forward.

They show that in different ways, but I applaud the commitment of both of them.

I'm sure Martin's claim to be the UK's biggest Haibike dealer is correct, and I'm sure Col has pushed KTM up the ebike pecking order.

Both decent achievements, which don't happen by themselves.

Reactions: Martin@e-bikeshop
The original topic was opened by Eddie... and he has posted this, so clearly he wasn't upset that I questioned a part of the statement you made.

That has just made my day. Just to clarify Martin, are you saying that you are saying that you are the UK office for Bosch? A yes or no answer will do.
I only picked you up Martin, when you changed a discussion thread into an advert for your business and used a statement could be interpreted the way you want it to be.

Had you simply answered the question first time, this would have been done in two simple sentences. You avoided the question in a way a politician would have been proud of.

So we can just be clear Bosch - the eBike company do NOT recommend you call Martins shop.

If we can agree on this, my reason for getting involved in this thread is done.

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Col,

Sorry didnt realise we were getting political. Sorry if you had read my feedback as an 'advert'.. Take of it what you like.

Had you simply answered the question first time, this would have been done in two simple sentences. You avoided the question in a way a politician would have been proud of.
Done it in one sentence actually.
Not sure if you are missing something here, but, I didn't avoid the question, if you actually read back my very next post started with a NO!

As for getting off topic I was just relating back to Phill's original post where he mentioned I looked after him to fix an issue his dealer had clearly not.

So we can just be clear Bosch - the eBike company do NOT recommend you call Martins shop.
Gotta love a play on words there Col ;) did make me chuckle.. I was willing to go back and edit my post to say "Bosch UK". Just so you could get some sleep tonight as its clearly bothering you. However upon reading my original post I have originally stated Bosch UK anyway. So no biggie for the politicians of this forum.

It does however highlight, the fact that the consumer regards Bosch as being BOSCH and its clear that consumers are contacting BOSCH UK to seek support for BOSCH products that they have bought in the UK. Bosch clearly operate their eBike support through their dealers. It does also highlight their has been a breakdown between consumer and the dealer as it begs to ask the question why they were contacting Bosch in the first place as the dealer is there to support the products that they offer.

Anyway, back on topic:

My initial phone contact with the service dept at LBS was on 7th Feb with a follow up email containing bike serial number date of purchase etc sent next day....
How are you getting on Phill? It's been almost 3 weeks now, so here's hoping to you having your issue resolved and you are back out on your eBike?

Oh and last but not least lets all remember to smile and get on :) :) :)

Regards
Martin

Reactions: VictoryV

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Col,

Sorry didnt realise we were getting political. Sorry if you had read my feedback as an 'advert'.. Take of it what you like.

Done it in one sentence actually.
Not sure if you are missing something here, but, I didn't avoid the question, if you actually read back my very next post started with a NO!

As for getting off topic I was just relating back to Phill's original post where he mentioned I looked after him to fix an issue his dealer had clearly not.

Gotta love a play on words there Col ;) did make me chuckle.. I was willing to go back and edit my post to say "Bosch UK". Just so you could get some sleep tonight as its clearly bothering you. However upon reading my original post I have originally stated Bosch UK anyway. So no biggie for the politicians of this forum.

It does however highlight, the fact that the consumer regards Bosch as being BOSCH and its clear that consumers are contacting BOSCH UK to seek support for BOSCH products that they have bought in the UK. Bosch clearly operate their eBike support through their dealers. It does also highlight their has been a breakdown between consumer and the dealer as it begs to ask the question why they were contacting Bosch in the first place as the dealer is there to support the products that they offer.

Anyway, back on topic:

How are you getting on Phill? It's been almost 3 weeks now, so here's hoping to you having your issue resolved and you are back out on your eBike?

Oh and last but not least lets all remember to smile and get on :) :) :)

Regards
Martin
Well Martin. . No response as yet, but to be fair the drive slip is a very rare occurrence and I did tell them I wasn't worried about time, so they don't have the bike and it's running absolutely fine with no popping/tapping noises thanks entirely to you. I must say though that I am a little disappointed that some of the more professional posters don't always play nice.... Just to clarify, I mean professionals that post not professional posters....:p

Reactions: Martin@e-bikeshop

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
I was a moderator on a very large music site for around 12 years. The forum did NOT allow people to do business on the forum and although a few people ignored that (and were dealt with), it was a true forum where people discussed different subjects without being swayed by other people's desires to make money on there.

I know the formula of this forum is different and I doubt that any of the businesses that come on here to do business are breaking any rules but. If you let businesses do business on forums then it'll never be a pure forum as I believe they should be. Where we all chat amongst ourselves purely for the exchange of information without commercial intrusion. That's my view..

Will happily delete all my comments if Martin amends his post to remove this unnecessary and confusing bit of advertising.

So much so, that if you phone the Bosch UK office at present, they will direct enquiries through to me.
I appreciate he might now (when questioned on it) be claiming he's talking about Bosch UK, who by the way have absolutely nothing to do with eBikes at all.

However as most readers who look at this won't realise he's not talking about the ebIke people, its not really a fair statement to make, or even one he can back up.

He's trying to give the impression Bosch recommend him, which they don't.

I only mentioned it because its not fair on all the other Bosch dealers who have been on the training courses and are just as capable with dealing with things as him.

Granted Phil is having a problem, but this is because his dealer hasn't been on the Bosch training and Scott (I think its a Scott bike isn't it?) clearly aren't helping the dealer sort out the problem.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
I was a moderator on a very large music site for around 12 years. The forum did NOT allow people to do business on the forum and although a few people ignored that (and were dealt with), it was a true forum where people discussed different subjects without being swayed by other people's desires to make money on there.

I know the formula of this forum is different and I doubt that any of the businesses that come on here to do business are breaking any rules but. If you let businesses do business on forums then it'll never be a pure forum as I believe they should be. Where we all chat amongst ourselves purely for the exchange of information without commercial intrusion. That's my view..
The forum is sponsored and paid for by the businesses which advertise and post here. It’s really a trade forum which allows non trade members to join.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

This inclusion has been discussed at length in the past, but we have taken an opposite view due to the considerable technical and other help that business members give to consumer members.

The extent of the gain has easily outweighed the odd occasion of friction, the latter often being entertaining anyway. :)

Last edited:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Just to be clear. ... I am not crying about this or quietly hoping for some intervention, my situation is as itis , but I must say that I and others have gained a great deal by visiting this forum...

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
This inclusion has been discussed at length in rhe past, but we have taken an opposite view due to the considerable technical and other help that business members give to to consumer members.

The extent of the gain has easily outweighed the odd occasion of friction. the latter often being entertaining anyway. :)
That's good to hear.. Cheers flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks John. I didn't realise it was more trade than end user.
Not really true, Russell Scott who founded the site in 2006 and is still an administrator was an e-bike commuter on an eZee Torq who has never been in this trade. The advertising was gradually added to fund the maintenance of the site in a way no different from any other website having advertising. It is not an e-bike trade website, it's primarily an e-bike user site.

Reactions: Cyclezee