Step Thru Agattu new for under £900

tangent

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2010
I Thought they might as it was only a few days since you bought the bike. How long did it take from order to get your bike, and do they let you know what day it will arrive.

Thanks Marina
My order was complicated due to credit card problems - my wife spent a lot of money and this order took the card over its limit. If this is the first time you have placed a large order with Wiggle, they will 'phone you as a security check before debiting your card, which may delay things a bit if they cannot get hold of you quickly. For my order, I received an email saying the bike was ready for despatch late on 7th May and received it on 12th May. They did say the delivery would take 2-3 days, but could not say precisely on which day it would arrive. Fortuneately there was someone in when it arrived.

The bike itself arrived in the biggest box I have ever seen, with the charger, battery and a few other bits and pieces in a smaller box. Assembly was straightforward, it took longer to unpack everything.

thingaby

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2008
I've just had the call from wiggle checking my card details and saying they are ready to build the bike. Now I just have to watch out for the email confirmation of dispatch. I ordered on the 18th.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
If its not been 7 days since you received it then you should contact them to see if they will give you a discount.

Marina
I did this with a Pioneer plasma tv last year. under distance selling regs yu just call them and ask to return, you do not need a reason just say you don't like it. then buy the other one

in my case the tv dropped £500 in price within the week ...chap said dont you like it? I said noooooo he then said what about if I give you a £500 discount? I said OK then;)

mastanlem

Pedelecer
May 4, 2007
I've just had the call from wiggle checking my card details and saying they are ready to build the bike. Now I just have to watch out for the email confirmation of dispatch. I ordered on the 18th.

Thanks Tangent.

I too got a call this moring and they went into verifying my card details and he said that they would email me and once recieved would be delivered next day, but thanks Tangent for letting me know it can take longer.

Marina

thingaby

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2008
And when I asked the guy at Wiggle about them fitting an 18 tooth sprocket he asked if I was your husband! We'd both asked the same question. Where do we source an 18 tooth?
atb steve

mastanlem

Pedelecer
May 4, 2007
Just received my Technium. Nice looking bike although not as well made as my Gazelle but then there is the price difference.

I do not like the handlebars and the steering feels a bit on the light side, and the brakes are a bit noisey.]

It took me ages to fit the battery on and then when it did go on I didn't see how it went.

I will probably take it to my LBS to alter the front forks as well.

The bike is nippy and I will see how it goes as to whether I will change the sprockets.

Now to try and find some bars similar to my gazelle ones.

Marina

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Hi
my local bike shop changed my pro connect to a 18 tooth sprocket but while i have gained a few mph with hindsight i think i should have left it as it was with a larger sprocket it was more nippy through the gears and a better ride however thats just my opinion nigel.

mastanlem

Pedelecer
May 4, 2007
Just received my Technium. Nice looking bike although not as well made as my Gazelle but then there is the price difference.

I do not like the handlebars and the steering feels a bit on the light side, and the brakes are a bit noisey.]

It took me ages to fit the battery on and then when it did go on I didn't see how it went.

I will probably take it to my LBS to alter the front forks as well.

The bike is nippy and I will see how it goes as to whether I will change the sprockets.

Now to try and find some bars similar to my gazelle ones.

Marina
Just found some bars Raleigh North Rounder Trekking Comfort look just what I am after. Am going to contact my local Raleigh shop to have the works done.

Marina

mastanlem

Pedelecer
May 4, 2007
Hi
my local bike shop changed my pro connect to a 18 tooth sprocket but while i have gained a few mph with hindsight i think i should have left it as it was with a larger sprocket it was more nippy through the gears and a better ride however thats just my opinion nigel.
I am going to try it for a month as is before deciding on changing.

marina

mastanlem

Pedelecer
May 4, 2007
Just found some bars Raleigh North Rounder Trekking Comfort look just what I am after. Am going to contact my local Raleigh shop to have the works done.

Marina
Decided to take my bike to the local disability shop who also sell electric bikes. They are more than happy to do the check over and change handlebars which I have just ordered. The chap who does the cycle repairs used to work for the shop that I purchase my Gazelle from ( since ceased trading).

marina

C

Cyclezee

Technium Warranty

Quote from Wiggle:

"The technium bikes do all come with a 2 year warranty against material and manufacturing defects. Other parts will have a miniumum of a 1 year warranty."

J:) hn

thunderblue

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2009
Manchester
I ordered the ex-demo bike for £807. My delivery comes tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to it. I always wanted a Kalkhoff or Gazelle, but they were always a bit too much out of my reach. I'll let you know how I get on. I'm fairly new to cycling - bit of a middle age crisis I think, as I am 50 in a month or so :eek: My first bike was a Brompton and I had a motor put on that and started using it to cycle to work, which was great, but I soon realised that I needed bigger wheels to cope with all the potholes near me. I then got an Alien electric bike which is so much fun to cycle on, but too tempting to use that throttle.... but having seen these at this price, I decided to treat myself for my birthday.

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
I ordered the ex-demo bike for £807. My delivery comes tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to it. I always wanted a Kalkhoff or Gazelle, but they were always a bit too much out of my reach. I'll let you know how I get on. I'm fairly new to cycling - bit of a middle age crisis I think, as I am 50 in a month or so :eek: My first bike was a Brompton and I had a motor put on that and started using it to cycle to work, which was great, but I soon realised that I needed bigger wheels to cope with all the potholes near me. I then got an Alien electric bike which is so much fun to cycle on, but too tempting to use that throttle.... but having seen these at this price, I decided to treat myself for my birthday.
You should enjoy it. The Kalkhoffs are great to ride,lets us know how you get on

thunderblue

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2009
Manchester
My first ride

Well folks, my Kalkhoff alias Technium bike came yesterday in the biggest box I have ever seen! It was worth waiting for (my fault that - they had tried to deliver before, but third time lucky). I like a bargain, and so I went for the ex-demo bike at just over £800, and it came safely packaged and didn't look like it has been ridden at all. I also got a tool kit and a double portion of accessories - those already fitted on the bike, plus some extras - bell, reflectors, extra pedals and lots of other bits and pieces as well.

My first ride
Just a really quick jaunt down the road and back initially to try it out. My son (17yrs old and a road bike fanatic) also gave it a quick go. He was cool-ly impressed - need I say more? Me, well, it was absolutely all I had hoped for, and then treble it. Lovely smooth ride, very nippy and absolutely effortless. I thought that I would have missed having a throttle, but you don't need it. The motor is so powerful.

A slightly longer trip
Bearing in mind it was Friday night in the Manchester suburbs, I should probably have waited to try it out more fully. But apart from one tiny incident, all went well. I had conveniently run out of bread, and needed to travel to the supermarket about 2 miles away, up a slight incline all the way. So I jumped on xxx (I really need to give it a name - any suggestions??) and off I went. Medium power and all was a breeze, until I passed a group of young lads at a bus stop, one of whom stepped out and tried to knock me off and take the bike off me. :mad: The built-in theft protection in the form of a powerful pedelec motor came into its own and I put on a spurt of power and cycled round him, leaving him speechless and me shaken and not at all speechless **!@*. But that apart, what a fantastic bike and even lugging some shopping home, it didn't even notice the load. I love it already! I'm off now to get a wicker basket for the front. I'm totally smitten - everything is working well, the whole bike feels solid and safe, nothing rattles, and I feel like I own the road. It reminds me of a Dutch Batavus that I hired in Amsterdam once, only much better. For anybody thinking of getting one of these, my advice is 'go for it' - you won't regret it. :)

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
until I passed a group of young lads at a bus stop, one of whom stepped out and tried to knock me off and take the bike off me.
Glad you like the bike. It sounds like you have a real bargain.

I take it that you donned a ski mask and disposable paper suit later that evening, then went back to the bus stop armed with a lump hammer and a large tent stake?

thunderblue

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2009
Manchester
Glad you like the bike. It sounds like you have a real bargain.

I take it that you donned a ski mask and disposable paper suit later that evening, went back to the bus stop armed with a lump hammer and marquee tent stake?
I called out reinforcements for the trip back, in the form of my daughter's boyfriend, ex-military. But they'd gone. I think I need one of those camera gizmo's to attach to my helmet!