Still doing my head in

Parsons

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2018
Hi guys about a month ago I posted about why iam still getting full pedal assist power even on settings 0 no power thinking it was the sencer I got a new one still the same so order a new controller the same one came today. But still the bloody same I cannot understand why would this be the display or something to do with the wheel

DeanosBeano

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2019
is it a setting on the BMS ? i know my older bike keeps on assisting when i turn it off and goes on after i stop pedalling , this was dirt on the magnets on the disc at the crank of the pedals . i just sprayed it with disc cleaner and it helped

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The display is likely the cause, the controller takes it commands from it as it does from the PAS via the signal wire.

Parsons

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for the reply mate I was thinking the same as it got a cruise function button was working b4 but not anymore

Parsons

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2018
is it a setting on the BMS ? i know my older bike keeps on assisting when i turn it off and goes on after i stop pedalling , this was dirt on the magnets on the disc at the crank of the pedals . i just sprayed it with disc cleaner and it helped
Brand new pedal sensor and disk

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hi guys about a month ago I posted about why iam still getting full pedal assist power even on settings 0 no power thinking it was the sencer I got a new one still the same so order a new controller the same one came today. But still the bloody same I cannot understand why would this be the display or something to do with the wheel
The reason is that you have a speed control controller, not a power control one. You get the same power on every level, but you should see a different maximum speed on each level when using the pedal sensor. The throttle always works as a speed controller that gives a speed depending on the throttle position and independent of the LCD setting because the LCD setting is only for the pedal sensor.

Parsons

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2018
The reason is that you have a speed control controller, not a power control one. You get the same power on every level, but you should see a different maximum speed on each level when using the pedal sensor. The throttle always works as a speed controller that gives a speed depending on the throttle position and independent of the LCD setting because the LCD setting is only for the pedal sensor.
Well you tell me mate why it was working fine b4 as I was using it for a good few months different speed levels 0 should be no pedal assist but getting the max power like it's on number 5 plus the Cruise button not working anymore still think the display is faulty

Parsons

Pedelecer
Jul 11, 2018
Hi guys got a new display today to try and all good now I wonder why the other went faulty

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hi guys got a new display today to try and all good now I wonder why the other went faulty
Could be down to moisture ingress, any ingress can cause a track from contact with any copper and can short from one contact to another.