Stoke Monkey Brompton

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Hi All, Long time, no post. I'm afraid its the same old tune from me. Since I discovered the Stoke Monkey I can't seem to get it off my back!
I'm particularly pleased with this one. I started working in London hence the attraction towards the Brompton which I have to say is brilliant!
:)
electric_brompton.jpg

folded.jpg

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Hey kitchenman really nice to see you posting again. I miss your unique posts and this latest one is certainly one of them.

Its amazing you actually managed to fit that to the Brompton and maintain the fold. It reminds of the film the Fly where a Cytronex kit and Brompton have gone through one pod and come out the other side!

So how does it ride ?

Regards

Jerry

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Thanks Jerry. It was this forum that provided the inspiration and encouragement.
I got this particular Brompton 4 months ago and have been commuting short distances between home, station and work. Sometimes I get off a station early and cycle the 7 miles or so. Sometimes I get off at Woking and meet a friend of mine and cycle to North Camp to The Old Ford pub and then hop back on the train at Ash Vale. It is this activity which prompted me to think about the conversion. My friend Ian is old school, has calves of steel and constantly ribs me about my electric bikes. You can imagine how hard I had to work to keep up with him. Here is a photo taken at the pub:
old_ford.jpg

Next time it should be totally different. I will report back and let you know how well the bike performs. I have high hopes.

I'm taking it for a 30 miler tomorrow so will also let you know how that goes.

:)