• Age 1yr
  • Colour Matt Silver
  • Extra Equipment
  • Distinguishing Marks
  • Date Stolen 17th April 2011
  • Time 16 - 22hrs
  • Location North West London
  • Any Other Info
Any help or information very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mr C

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009
Sorry to read about another stolen e-bike.:( You should contact 50 Cycles and let them know because they will need to get a charger. 50 Cycles has a good reputation in checking validity of customers. I am sure they will do their best for you too.

silverdream

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 18, 2011
The bike has been recovered after 2yrs. It was found dumped in someone's garden and handed into Hornsey police station, which is only 5.4miles away from where I live.

I feared the worse upon collection, but surprisingly, it is in good condition with just few extra scratch marks etc., one broken spoke, a snapped mech hanger (probably why it was dumped) and worn rear derailleur pulley set, all of which I have now replaced.

I expected no battery and a smashed lock, but no, the battery and original lock were still intact so who ever nicked it (or who ever it was sold/ given to) has been cycling around with the flat battery still connected! I expect they didn't know what they had and just went with it as a normal bike!

To gauge battery life/ reliability, I recently did a round trip to a friends house from Golders Green (NW London) to Stratford (East London) in eco mode (took my charger just in case), but I had 2 bars left. This is how much it used to have after the same trip 2yrs ago, so battery capacity is still up there!

I'll be advertising the bike for sale shortly, since I've no need for 2 electric bikes!

Thanks,
Clyde

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Great news Clyde, congratulations on this pleasant surprise, all too rare.

Dynamic Position

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2009
Interested and pleased to read of your news re your stolen bike. It is good to see that its condition has held up over the period. I hope you get a good price for it when you sell it.