Streetmachine

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
OK, so I think lock down madness is truely kicking in now. I've been in touch with Kinetics about one of these:

I know, a bit rad - right? It's long term planning and I'm hoping it would extend my cycling life with arthritus in my neck.
I'd plan a rear wheel hub so would have it specced with Sram 3x10. So my question is what would be a good motor for this 26 inch wheel? Looking at it I may be able to sling a battery under the rear rack.
However that's way in the future. Kinetics (Glasgow based) have just started doing an at distance test ride. They crate up a demo bike and courier it to you for a 3 day test, then pick it up. All for £150 which will come off purchase price should I proceed. Spoke to them today and they didn't baulk, in principle, to sending it to West Wales.
I feel a major project coming on.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
West Wales probably means hills so a 201rpm hub or even a higher torque one.
If solely only buying a hub and spec'ing the electronics your self then a Akiema 100cst hub if you want legal 250w marking or the Akiema 128c or 128h if you aren't bothered. The other option is the TDsz from Woosh with 2x chain rings.

If you are up for it the forum needs a guinea pig to try out the HT all in on Keyda cst hub.

Also Ben have a look on Cycle uk forum at the dedicated bent sub forum

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks Neal. Reading another forum makes me thankful for the easy to read format of this one !
Yes I understand that, however there aren't many bent riders on here to give the advice needed as to set up and handling of the various applications so the sub forum I mentioned is a good place to go to.
The electronic tech advice is better here but not for bent user general advice, there are at least a couple of us on here that post there in the ebike section.