Sunday ride

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
Nice climb on bike up to Loch Turret today......start at around 200ft above sea level...the loch is approx 1200ft...surrounding hills reaching over 3000ft.
Ben Chonzie in the distance is a 'Munro' (ie mountain over 3000ft).
In first and second gear all the way up with half assist level.......great freewheel back down.....
Snow just about thawing.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Xod66_m-o

Victor

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 12, 2011
Very nice and nice atmospheric music too. Once I get organized (which for me can take some time) I will try and put a utube on (never done it before)
would have been good to see you do some cycling tho.
Regarding the Munros, I am friends with the son of the late Sir Torquil Munro which is where the name of these munro's comes from. Stick it in a search engine if you want to know more.

Victor

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
What are the gradient percentages?
not sure.....its about 3km flattish......then about 1000ft climb over 3 km....so its a good steady climb..... legs getting 'the burn'.........
perhaps someone can work it out from that.....(its a good steep slope ! )
regards

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
would have been good to see you do some cycling tho.

have some footage from the helmet camera on way down.....will post...

Regarding the Munros, I am friends with the son of the late Sir Torquil Munro which is where the name of these munro's comes from. Stick it in a search engine if you want to know more.

yes, i have climbed 103 of the Munros......still nearly 200 to do.......if i ever get to retire and have the leisure time to 'bag' them !!!!
regards

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
not sure.....its about 3km flattish......then about 1000ft climb over 3 km....so its a good steady climb..... legs getting 'the burn'.........
perhaps someone can work it out from that.....(its a good steep slope ! )
regards
It's a 1 in 10 (10%) average on that 3 km climb. Not the steepest of hills by any means, but steep for such a length of climb and about as steep as Alpine passes ever get.

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
I'm a wee bit oot of breath but I enjoyed that run.

Victor

glad you enjoyed it...........must try and find a (waterproof) camera with stabilisation to smooth out the bumpy roads !!!!! the cheapo 7 day is ok when its smooth and flat at low speed but is not up to travelling at speed on the bumpy roads and tracks around here......

look forward to seeing you post up some video of your bike rides........

regards