sunlova kit packed up battery dead

stormb22

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2010
hi all i need new battery for sunlova kit how easy is it to replace, can i just get a 10amp lithium battery and change the connectors on the kit? seems to be few places in the uk that sell spare batteries anyone have any suggestions?

D

Deleted member 4366

You can use any 36v battery, as long as you have a place to put it on your bike. Ideal is to put a switch and a 30amp fuse between the battery and the controller. To make a fuse, just get one of those flat 30 amp fuses for a car, and solder male and female bullet connectors on a short piece of wire each side, and insulate it. You can use the Sunlova switch.

Would you like me to have a go at repairing your battery (no cost from me)? If so, send me a pm with some contact details.

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
i believe sunlova charged £220 for a replacement 10ah battery last time i emailed them.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
LifePo4 batteries

We will have spare LifePo4 batteries available during June,price £208.80.....if you google LifePo4 look at the advantages of this battery type-1500 cycles,very safe,low self discharge,no memory effect,tolerant temperature rang etc etc. Lower energy density but only 20% heavier than LiMh
Dave Elderfield
Kudos Cycles.

stormb22

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2010
Ok thanks for all your info sunlova currently have the battery hopefully they may replace it

stormb22

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2010
Battery

you can use any 36v battery, as long as you have a place to put it on your bike. Ideal is to put a switch and a 30amp fuse between the battery and the controller. To make a fuse, just get one of those flat 30 amp fuses for a car, and solder male and female bullet connectors on a short piece of wire each side, and insulate it. You can use the sunlova switch.

Would you like me to have a go at repairing your battery (no cost from me)? If so, send me a pm with some contact details.
thanks will bear that in mind if they don't replace it appreciated.