Supplier of 8fun bafang bpm hillclimber kit

jayuk

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2010
Hi

im searching for a seller of the above named kit. i would prefer to purchase as a full ready to fit kit, but will look into buying seperatly if required. any help with this much appreciated.

p.s i have already seen the kit on the alien bike (aurora?) but i'm not keen on the actual bike & its somewhat to large frame size for me. i have emailed alien direct & am still awaiting a reply as to them supplying just the kit.

thanks
jason

Last edited:

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
BMS BATTERY have them on their website, but i'm not sure of their reputation/reliability :confused:

BMSBATTERY!, The Art of Battery

I did have another website link, but can't seem to find it.

Keep us posted if you discover any reputable sellers of these kits ;)

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Prices seem far too cheap, I notice they don`t quote delivery cost till you are commited:eek:

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Not used BMS Battery but I've seen posts over on the ES forum form some who have, they deliver OK but communication is a bit of a problem....something gets lost in translation!

You could try ebike-solutions.de This is the company that bought das-elektrorad after Frank decided to call it a day. The stie is in German but run it through Google translator...they have the Bafang BPM motor listed...

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
You could try ebike-solutions.de This is the company that bought das-elektrorad after Frank decided to call it a day. The stie is in German but run it through Google translator...they have the Bafang BPM motor listed...
Make sure to purchase a proper 20+ Amps controller that can be configured via firmware updates (USB/Serial lead), rather than the small 15A (so they say) long and narrow controller. I've been told that the latter is good for off-the-shelf e-bikes that require no tweaking, but not great for DIY'ers ;) The neat electric connections look nice but they obviously offer less flexibility than the wire mess on a good old ugly Infineon / eCrazyman controller :D

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/5353-neat-8-fun-suzhou-bafang-cable-connectors.html

Phil the drill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2008
TR9
Have used BMS battery to buy LiFePO4 cells, a bms and a charger to build a battery. I found them to be perfectly OK, although the delivery was a little slow (possibly because of shipping regs. re: Li battery cells). Goods were fine and communication via email was no problem, although perhaps a little terse!
You can get a delivery charge from their website before the final commit to buy button is pressed. Delivery was cheaper than from Ping, if buying one of his ready made batteries. I would use them again.
Incidentally if you are building a hub motor system they are a good source of made to measure 13g spokes, at a very good price.
Hope this helps.

Phil

jayuk

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2010
Thanks for all the replys!

i'm still getting the funds together for the kit at the moment.

Does anybody know if there are any import charges from germany to the UK?

Daniel: any chance you could point me in the right direction for a programmable 20a controller?

Having sold my original bike with the 8fun swxk front hub motor (disc brake) kit on, i'm hoping that the bpm motor will be a worthwhile step up,
not so much speed wise as its only about 6mph faster than my original kit but i would like more torque.

thanks
jason

Last edited:

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
I've emailed ebike-solutions a few times and received no reply, not even an acknowledgment...so I've given up with them, wish Frank was still running the business the new lot are flipping useless!

E-crazy man on ebay can supply programable controllers I have a 36v 20amp one on the way which I directly asked for

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Absolutely no duties on imports from an EU country. That's the whole point of it.

Edit - except when the Govt decides to charge extra for cars and anything else they see fit, of course.

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
I've emailed ebike-solutions a few times and received no reply, not even an acknowledgment...so I've given up with them, wish Frank was still running the business the new lot are flipping useless!
They responded quickly to my queries...try again ? :confused:

E-crazy man on ebay can supply programable controllers I have a 36v 20amp one on the way which I directly asked for
yep:

eBay My World - e-crazyman

jayuk

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2010
I may have found a supplier from germany for the bpm hub ready laced into a black 26" rim. Unfortunatly they only have the 20" & 28" bpm in stock but they did offer me the 20" type laced into a 26" rim, would this make it slighty faster but a little less torque?

the price quoted was approx £320 just for the 36v 350w hub motor laced into a rim & delivered to the uk.
the price seems quite high compared to direct from china prices but at least i would avoid any customs charges, they are also quick to reply to any questions.

the companys web address is:

ebike-solutions.de

This would still need me to purchase a suitable battery & controller, would a 36v 10ah li-ion be enough to cover approx 20 miles as i would be able to purchase a new battery through sunlova.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Jay, I've already mentioned them in an earlier post. IMHO they are rubbish, tried again after Dan said he found them OK....still no reply. The business used to be run by Frank but the new owners seem to be ruining it. However, all is not lost as Frank has a new website at Elektrofahrrad, pedelec zubehör and posts here as 'mechaniker'...drop him a PM.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Oh forgot to add, since I've been away travelling my Ecrazyman controller and 3 speed switch showed up. Took just 5 days to arrive, shiped from London ;) configured for 20amps...My Alien GSII is about to get a power boost :D

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Jay, I've already mentioned them in an earlier post. IMHO they are rubbish, tried again after Dan said he found them OK....still no reply. The business used to be run by Frank but the new owners seem to be ruining it. However, all is not lost as Frank has a new website at Elektrofahrrad, pedelec zubehör and posts here as 'mechaniker'...drop him a PM.

As far as i can see in my pidgeon german, the site only sells to businesses. No single sales :confused:
Maybe Frank, sorry mechaniker will clear this up ;)
Good range of items for sale too :)

jayuk

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2010
NRG

for some reason i thought it was a different site but maybe they have improved comunication as i had a reply with a breakdown of costs within 24hrs.

Fordulike

I also spotted the no single sales, does seem a shame. maybe he would still deal with forum members to supply too?

jay

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Well knock me down with a feather! Ebike solutions have sent a rely :) However, they don't have the controller I was after in stock and anyhow I now have one and the cost was a lot lower...

I hadn't seen the single sales part on Frank's site.... perhaps if there is enough interest in a particular item or items we could group together and create a larger order....

Last edited:

jayuk

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2010
NRG

sounds like a good ideal!

hopefully someone can contact frank to find out?

jay

If there is relly an intrest, you must know i have an Importservice so every order i place in China at the Producer and it need around 3-4weeks before you would receive the stuff.
i have made an example to make clear the cost, 8Motor is minimum order:

4x BPM Motor different rpm is possible
4x SWXK Motordifferent rpm is possible
4x Controller Crazyman with PAS and 3speed switch
4x Controller Kingmeter with LCD-Display and PAS (it is 5speed switch)
8x Thumpthrottle
8x Brakelever 3finger-typ (pair)

this item´s will cost complete 1590,00Euro including German tax to your door
Inside european country is no further tax. This price is including deliver-fee to britain.

on Motor you can choose sensorless or with hall

But you also must realise, The China Producer like Bafang or Mac or who ever, usualy never give warranty on there products. And my company is only an Importservice, it is complete your risk, I say this very serious for in case somebody belief there would be warranty, no way!. In other way i never had trouble with bafang motor ;-)

In case there is intrest in this way of order i can send the proforma invoice for this item so that you can check all position on that invoice, Example a BPM Motor is 74,00Euro or a SWXK is 54,00Euro sound is cheap rigth, the rest is tax and postway ;-(

and you also must live with my terrible english if you want order;-)

Have a good day
frank

Last edited: