Support for Specialized Turbo eBikes

Mill-speed

Just Joined
Jul 13, 2017
Yeovil
Hi, I’ve just purchased a 2016 model Specialized Turbo FLR from my local dealer and i’m really impressed with the bike which is really well built and e-system perfectly integrated into a hybrid bike. So noting that Specialized have switched to bottom bracket motors and different battery casings, does anyone have experience of Specialized post sales support? Is it worth investing in a new battery as a spare? I do not want to have a battery failure in 2 or 3 years time to find the manufacturer no longer carries spares for this model.
Any advice would be gratefully received.

Also, thanks to the guys at Rock & Road, Yeovil who have provided excellent service!

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi
I wouldn’t buy a battery as it will deteriorate over time
They like to be used not stored
I wouldn’t have thought it will become obsolete that quick
Also there are people around to re cell batteries theses days as well
Just enjoy it

Mill-speed

Just Joined
Jul 13, 2017
Yeovil
Thanks for the advice, really sound, I’m off for a good ride this w/e just to check out the battery range, hoping for 35 miles plus :)

Reactions: Fat Rat

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Hi, I’ve just purchased a 2016 model Specialized Turbo FLR from my local dealer and i’m really impressed with the bike which is really well built and e-system perfectly integrated into a hybrid bike. So noting that Specialized have switched to bottom bracket motors and different battery casings, does anyone have experience of Specialized post sales support? Is it worth investing in a new battery as a spare? I do not want to have a battery failure in 2 or 3 years time to find the manufacturer no longer carries spares for this model.
Any advice would be gratefully received.

Also, thanks to the guys at Rock & Road, Yeovil who have provided excellent service!
If new bike make sure it comes with 2 year factory warranty on motor and battery.