Suspension Seatposts

Big Tony

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 12, 2017
sydney
Hi, new to the site, bought an ebike couple of weeks ago, Kalhhoff Concept B9, and love it. Not new to cycling by a long shot, but had both knees replaced 8 weeks ago, so there are subtle differences to riding, like standing on the pedals to minimise bumps and the like.
Hence my problem, since having my new bike, my back has been pulverized to the stage I'm having some serious issues.
Spent some time researching suspension seat posts, and by all accounts the Suntour NCX Parallelogramm has had some pretty good reviews. I can get it pretty easily online at a fair discount to where I purchased my bike.
Are there people within this community that can comment on this product? Is it just a simple replacement stem that my seat attaches too?
All comments and advice welcome.
Thanks in advance

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
It is a great product and yes you are correct you just need the correct diameter for your seat tube. There are various spring strengths depending on your weight.

About Normal Weight Tony :D

Big Tony

Nov 12, 2017
sydney
It is a great product and yes you are correct you just need the correct diameter for your seat tube. There are various spring strengths depending on your weight.

About Normal Weight Tony :D
115kgs, but hoping to become less, should this all work out, I would like to sell my car, as it annually cost a bomb to run. Are seat post diameter a standard?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
27.2, 30.9 and 31.6 mm seat posts standard you can find shims for other exotic sizes. You will want a hard spring until you lose 15 kg then a medium will do the job.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The Suntour's are quite good the only issue with them as I have mentioned a couple of times is the collared bushes do wear and leads to play. The only problem, I haven't yet found any where to buy these bushes. Looks like I will have to get some more machined for me as recently have replaced a couple more worn ones.

Big Tony

Nov 12, 2017
sydney
thanks, nealt.
wow have spent the entire day on this subject, of course the info on my seat stem is scratched and renders the info unreadable. I presume that I would be measuring the external of said stem.
And the place that sells them online only has the medium spring, looks like I'll be heading back to the shop and paying a premium for the pleasure of comfort.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For seat posts you need to measure the internal diameter or simply measure your seat post on removal.. External measurement is for seat clamp and derailleur clamp fitting.
Have a look on bike-discount .de.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
The Suntour's are quite good the only issue with them as I have mentioned a couple of times is the collared bushes do wear and leads to play. The only problem, I haven't yet found any where to buy these bushes. Looks like I
I spent all of 30 seconds on eBay and found these but they don't fit the older post (one with plastic covers over the moving parts)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SR-Suntour-SP12-Suspension-Seatpost-Wear-Kit/302409670669?epid=2165144984&hash=item466905600d:g:u3AAAOSwdB9ZiuFt

• Useful
Reactions: Nealh

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
thanks, nealt.
wow have spent the entire day on this subject, of course the info on my seat stem is scratched and renders the info unreadable. I presume that I would be measuring the external of said stem.
And the place that sells them online only has the medium spring, looks like I'll be heading back to the shop and paying a premium for the pleasure of comfort.
Exelent bit of kit, I have two bikes and both have the ncx post.
Hard Spring
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suntour-SP12-NCX-Spring-elements-for-Suspension-seatpost-soft-medium-o-hart/311652066749?epid=1376608441&hash=item488fe925bd:m:m3H63EiqWJrEQV5z_H86dUw
These posts are big in Germany in the past a Google search has shown EU shops stocking both the hard Spring option and the replacement bushes

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I haven't had a look for spares for a couple of years now as I had a batch machined up for me, I notice they are S/S rather then brass which my originals are.

As with a lot of spares you are forced to buy expensive replacement complete kit parts when with the seat post, only the bushes need replacing.

Last edited:

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
the place that sells them online only has the medium spring
I'm a heavy guy and the medium has been fine for me, the spring is adjustable to a certain extent by a bolt inside the tube.
Dave.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I'm a heavy guy and the medium has been fine for me, the spring is adjustable to a certain extent by a bolt inside the tube.
Dave.
Yeah I think riding style might have quite a bit to do with spring strength too. The springs are 7.20 € so it isn't really a show stopper having 2.

Big Tony

Nov 12, 2017
sydney
been an exciting few days sorting out my suntour suspension seatpost. Fair bit of flaffing about.
Found the cheapest seatpost on Amazon $89, and the springs are cheapest are out of the UK, but cheaper to ship from suntour itself
Unfortunately the shipping is the killer, almost more than the part itself.
all moot now as the deal is done, thanks to all those responders.

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
Does anyone have a view or opinion on Kinekt (Cirrus Cycles) BodyFloat seatposts https://shop.cirruscycles.com/collections/bodyfloat-base-models
They have released new versions for 2018
Apart from the obvious offset at the top of the seatpost, does anyone know of any other differences from the 2.0 to 2.1 version of the aluminium seatpost
Also, where is the overall length (350 mm quoted on the Kinekt site) measured from. Is it the overall length including the spring mechanism or is it the length of the seatpost round section that fits into the seat tube
I have sent numerous emails to Kinekt asking the same questions but they have not responded

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
Get one you won't be disappointed, I have one on a hard tail
Hi Steve,
Thanks....yes I intend to get one but I need to know what the length is that they refer to on their website so I know what length to order

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union