Sw900 display PAS control problem

Mproulx777

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 10, 2019
Hello
I have recently converted my bike to electric with PAS. my display control is Sw900 , 48 volts 1000 watts. My electronics knowledge is pretty well limited but my mechanical skills are not to bad. The problem i have with the PAS is that no matter how i set the display parameters it always goes to top speed when i pedal. I have been reading every forum that I could find and still not clear in my mind.

My bike is 18 gears would someone be kind enough to explain how the PAS should work, it is just relying on the controller ( crank magnets) to detect speed from my understanding it does not make sense since it is not detecting the wheel speed that would provide the cadence at which it should help. Few things in my mind: Is it detecting from the speedometer. Having multiple gears does not give an accurate speed detection.

Hope my question is make sense.

Thank you

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome
Im sure someone will be along shortly to give you a point In the right direction

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Controllers are speed control or current control, PAS will work the same just the out come is a bit different
A speed controller gives full current but varies speed in each PAS level.
Current controller gives varied current and max speed in each PAS level.
Speed controller is harder on the battery.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The problem i have with the PAS is that no matter how i set the display parameters it always goes to top speed when i pedal.

Hope my question is make sense.
Unfortunately I don't know what you mean. What display parameters are you setting? Do you mean the 1 to 5 PAS levels?

Secondly, what do you mean by it always go to maximum speed? Is there a different power on each level? Did you check the actual max speed on each level?

Mproulx777

Dec 10, 2019
I tried PO5 from 0 and 1 to get the 5 grades modes and the speed goes to maximum in any cases, i am trying it on a stand as the snow out here is a bit much for a biker going full speed. The only way I have check the speed is reading the speedometer that goes up to 40 kms.

I have a 48 volts gearless P07 is adjusted to 47 for measuring magnets, if i increase the number it goes slower on the speed display.I tried different numbers on P11 for sensitivity without any luck. I am not sure if I have a speed or current controller.

Thank you
Mike

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Who told you to change all those parameters? You should just install it and it should work. Can you put them all back to how they were?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You need to ride with a gps device so you can confirm the speed you are seeing before making changes.
If you have a current controller you will feel the extra power available in each PAS level on a hill. A speed controller will have a different max speed in each PAS level.

Mproulx777

Dec 10, 2019
I will have to wait for better roads to bike on and will get a gps to confirm or adjust my speedometer accordingly.

Thank you for all of your assistance

Gasc2188

Just Joined
May 5, 2020
I will have to wait for better roads to bike on and will get a gps to confirm or adjust my speedometer accordingly.

Thank you for all of your assistance
Hi, just wondered if you managed to sort out your PAS problem. I've got the same problem with my sw900 conversion.

Mproulx777

Dec 10, 2019
Hi, just wondered if you managed to sort out your PAS problem. I've got the same problem with my sw900 conversion.
Hi ,unfortunely i got fed up with it and decided to go without it i use throttle only . I find it to bad because i have made myself an incumbent trike with a KT LCD8 display and it is out of the box operationable with a good numbers of easy adjutments.

Mike

Reactions: Gasc2188

olever90

Banned
May 6, 2020
Who told you to change all those parameters? You should just install it and it should work. Can you put them all back to how they were?

Gasc2188

Just Joined
May 5, 2020
I'm going to contact Voilamart who supplied the kit. I'll let you know what response I get. The way it is, the PAS is a waste of time and dangerous..... A gentle bit of pedaling and it wants to accelerate you to its maximum speed.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Oh, there he goes again.
Same poster who copied one of my posts four or five days ago, someone who hasn't got a clue but likes to cut and post. It doesn't make the individual look intelligent.

Reactions: ebikebulgaria

Foxy65

Just Joined
Jun 2, 2020
I'm going to contact Voilamart who supplied the kit. I'll let you know what response I get. The way it is, the PAS is a waste of time and dangerous..... A gentle bit of pedaling and it wants to accelerate you to its maximum speed.
I have just converted my bike with the Voilamart 48v 1000w conversion kit with the SW900 LCD display - reads exactly the same as your conversion and I have exactly the same problem. On PAS on ECO, STD or PWR setting the motor goes straight up to 26.5 mph and no matter how I tweek the PAS settings I cannot adjust it. Pretty scary. Works fine on throttle control and PAS sensor works ok as does everything else.
Did you get your issue resolved?