Sweaty head syndrome. Is there a cure!?!

Jerrymond

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2017
Huddersfield
Hi I'm hoping you guys can give me some good suggestions on a really well ventilated cycle helmet.

I tried a sieve but it kept falling off after I attached my sat nav, GPS, lights and mirrors to the handle.

Also any thoughts on the schwalbe big Ben plus or marathon plus tour as a mixed commute tyre.
Cheers

Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

You probably have the wrong bike for that. Get one with a big powerful motor and a throttle. That solved my sweaty head. I found that there was a strong correlation between how hard I pedalled and how much I sweated. When I stopped pedalling, the sweating on my head went away completely but I got a sweaty hand instead, from holding the throttle wide open all the time.

JimRides

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2016
Liverpool
Hi I'm hoping you guys can give me some good suggestions on a really well ventilated cycle helmet.

I tried a sieve but it kept falling off after I attached my sat nav, GPS, lights and mirrors to the handle.

Also any thoughts on the schwalbe big Ben plus or marathon plus tour as a mixed commute tyre.
Cheers
Use a two-handled colander instead of a sieve - you can balance everything on either side then and it won't fall off ;)

Reactions: Jerrymond
D

Deleted member 4366

We're a cruel lot!. I think I'd better go and help some old ladies across the road to neutralise the bad Karma.

cosybike

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2009
www.cosybike.co.uk
A colander combined with chain mail would make an excellent Faraday cage and be ideal for lightning. I get a sweaty head without a helmet. I think you are doomed.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Remember Schumacher! Don't put cameras and stuff on your sieve! Permanent brain damage is often the result of a bad crash.

When it is hot, to protect my bald old head from the sun and insects I use this:
Casco_Roadster-TC_White_Silver_Visier_3607.jpg
It has the added advantage of creating airflow over aforementioned baldness with a cooling effect i.e. cooler with than without and... No Sweat!

When it is cold? A 100% pure wool dockers cap.

• Informative

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Well done a very light hearted thread :)

PS I have used 2" Big Apple tyres run at 35PSI and it increases the comfort ALOT!

Requires frame clearance though.

Jerry

Last edited:

Jerrymond

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2017
Huddersfield
Thanks Jerry

I've got big apples (insert pun) on my current analogue bike and have them pumped up to 60PSI. They still feel comfy but are a bit too twitchy on some of the paths I use.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I've got big apples (insert pun) on my current analogue bike and have them pumped up to 60PSI. They still feel comfy but are a bit too twitchy on some of the paths I use.
Mine are bigger than yours :) 2.3" analogue & 2.1" digital but I'm about 30 psi up front & 40 in the rear

Back to he OP
I too couldn't stop a sweaty bonce so brought half a dozen do-rags to wear under my helmet, they soak up the sweat and keep the bugs out of your hair. I put a clean one on each time I expect to do a hot ride & chuck it in the wash when I'm done, cheap as chips off the bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Soft-Solid-Tied-BACK-BANDANA-DOO-RAG-Do-Du-Motorcycle-Skull-Hip-hop-Hats-2017-UK-/192225103987?var=&hash=item2cc1825073:m:myjsCIisjMMYp_OMshtsfxA

• Useful

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Yes I have been thinking about trying larger ones maybe 2.15".

Jerry