Switching from swytch

rig the jig

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2019
Hi Guys, I have a swytch front wheel, and I'm changing to standard system, I bought a Yose battery, a KT LCD 5 display, a KT 36/48 volt 9 pin motor controller, a 12 magnet PAS, . I programmed the unit with the settings that were posted by a lad changing from Swytch, but keeping the Swytch motor. I programmed all the parameters down to C 14. my problem is I get no motor activatuion when I rotate the pedals, the PAS led flashes ok, I also tried removing the magnets to make a six magnet PAS, still no joy. When I activate the walk assist by holding down the down switch, the motor rotates. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rig the jig.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi Guys, I have a swytch front wheel, and I'm changing to standard system, I bought a Yose battery, a KT LCD 5 display, a KT 36/48 volt 9 pin motor controller, a 12 magnet PAS, . I programmed the unit with the settings that were posted by a lad changing from Swytch, but keeping the Swytch motor. I programmed all the parameters down to C 14. my problem is I get no motor activatuion when I rotate the pedals, the PAS led flashes ok, I also tried removing the magnets to make a six magnet PAS, still no joy. When I activate the walk assist by holding down the down switch, the motor rotates. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rig the jig.
Why do you guys keep buying the 12 magnet ones, which always give problems?

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
Im too lazy to pull out my kt-lcd pdf, but i do recall the settings for pas were not in particularly clear english, and had been garbled somewhat in translation or so i suspect.
But Pas is not enabled out of the box so needs turning on.. and then i had to test each of the magnet config settings 1 by 1 until one 'clicked' due to the impossible to follow manual

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The 12 pole disc may work if the correct C1 parameter is set and the sensor plays ball with the disc.
C1 parameter is dependant on which type of disc/sensor is used, try C1 03 or 07.
If disc isn't activating PAS try reverse pedal to see if that works.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
I have a Swytch motor front wheel on my eBrompton at the moment.

KT controller, 12 magnet PAS, LCD4 display.

No problem.

rig the jig

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2019
I have a Swytch motor front wheel on my eBrompton at the moment.

KT controller, 12 magnet PAS, LCD4 display.

No problem.
The 12 pole disc may work if the correct C1 parameter is set and the sensor plays ball with the disc.
C1 parameter is dependant on which type of disc/sensor is used, try C1 03 or 07.
Thanks so much guys , my electric bike seems to have come back to life, you made an old man very happy. I'll drink a pint of Guinness tonight in your honour. C1 set to three did the trick.
Rig the jig.

Reactions: Tony1951 and Nealh

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks so much guys , my electric bike seems to have come back to life, you made an old man very happy. I'll drink a pint of Guinness tonight in your honour. C1 set to three did the trick.
Rig the jig.
Great news , not all discs/sensors play ball but glad you have had success.
A lot of folks have had issues with 12 poles in the past , though we never get to know if they set them up correctly. Obviously the C1 setting is critical but also so is the disc to sensor spacing, which needs to be evry close at about 1mm.

Reactions: Tony1951

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I'll post a list of the parts used and the programme settings ,for anyone who wants to change from Swytch, thanks again guys.
Rig the jig
Typically the setting aren't all that hard to get right . P settings the main one's are P1 - P4 and like wise C1 & C4are critical. All the other settings are simply general user ones.
C3 I prefer 0 so the default PAS is always 0 on turn on, saves any accidental triggering of the power via throttle or PAS.

Cisco-man

Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2023
Rig the jig.
So the chances are that C1 set to 3 will mean that the swytch pas (12 poles) will probably work - if the 12 pole that you bought is now working.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
So the chances are that C1 set to 3 will mean that the swytch pas (12 poles) will probably work - if the 12 pole that you bought is now working.
It will all depend on the sensor type used , if switch change the sensor type then may be not.

Cisco-man

Pedelecer
Sep 27, 2023
I’ll try the swytch pas first (with low expectation). Just waiting for my KT stuff to arrive. I’m puzzled why a magnet passing by a hall-effect can give such successful/unsuccessful results. Surely it’s just a string of 5v pulses - whatever the number of magnets there are. Maybe I’m about to discover why!

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I’ll try the swytch pas first (with low expectation). Just waiting for my KT stuff to arrive. I’m puzzled why a magnet passing by a hall-effect can give such successful/unsuccessful results. Surely it’s just a string of 5v pulses - whatever the number of magnets there are. Maybe I’m about to discover why!
The controller looks for the pattern of the pulses otherwise it would give power when you pedal backwards.