Swytch bike problems

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi,
The motor connector is all the way up to the line on the connector. It went wrong when I was riding across a flat car park, so no exceptional strain. It wasn't raining at the time.
Is there a way of getting the motor apart to check connection or water ingress?
Thanks
Do you have that bigstupid conne tor arrangement between the powerpack and the other things sothatyou can remove the whole bag thing?

Hwncomwnco

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 21, 2024
Do you have that bigstupid conne tor arrangement between the powerpack and the other things sothatyou can remove the whole bag thing?
Yes I do. It's in very good condition because its always been in a saddle bag mounted behind the seat.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Definately sounds like a commutation issue.
Often it is phase or a Hall issue , I beleive the switch uses waterproof (w/p) connectors so testing is a ittle more difficult .
Typically we would test for a mosfet issue or motor Hall issue, with w/p connectors one has to make up a Y lead to plug in between the controller and motor w/p connectors .

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I don't know anything about theses other than they exist.
Ebike tester.
Those things are no good and don't really tell you much, it gives no voltage values except shows one aseries of led lights. Also they ar e no good for systems with w/p connectors, a normal test mulitmeter DVM will tell one more .

Reactions: Wayners

Hwncomwnco

Mar 21, 2024
Those things are no good and don't really tell you much, it gives no voltage values except shows one aseries of led lights. Also they ar e no good for systems with w/p connectors, a normal test mulitmeter DVM will tell one more .
So.. it goes on.. I bought a new motor wheel. It looks like it's never been used. I put it on and... same thing... grindy horrible noise. So, it's not the motor, not the controller (swytch sent me a new one and that made no difference). The battery is fine, 36v under load. So it must be a connection right? The leads/connections are immaculate and connected right up to the lines etc.
Anybody need a spare 700C, black rim/black spoke with rim brake surface motor wheel?

Hwncomwnco

Mar 21, 2024
Definately sounds like a commutation issue.
Often it is phase or a Hall issue , I beleive the switch uses waterproof (w/p) connectors so testing is a ittle more difficult .
Typically we would test for a mosfet issue or motor Hall issue, with w/p connectors one has to make up a Y lead to plug in between the controller and motor w/p connectors .
Hi Nealh. If I buy a Tong Sheng 250w 36v middrive system, could I use the Swytch Pro 36v battery to run it? Thanks.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The grinding noise is still a commutation issue, phase doesn't have to be colour to colour. It does sound like phase wire order is incorrect .
With phase and halls there ae a possible thirty six wire combo's .

Yes the 36v battery should have no issue with a Tongsheng.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi Nealh. If I buy a Tong Sheng 250w 36v middrive system, could I use the Swytch Pro 36v battery to run it? Thanks.
The grinding noise is a commutation issue between the controller and motor. That's one cable! Maybe you haven't pushed the motor connector in far enough.