Teenage girl ebike

kittykat

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 20, 2016
Ireland
My teen girl needs a new bike and I'm thinking she should get an ebike instead of a regular. She's only 13 but 5 ft 3 and growing rapidly. I also have a 15 year old who would use it occasionally as well and my oh could use it for cycling with me as well. I have a wisper 705 torque which I really like but my teen finds it a little big. I also don't want to spend too much on it. Works like to keep it around 1100 mark and that is the high end of the budget. We live in a very hilly area with nearest public transport 4 miles away and I feel much more use would be made of an ebike. A cadence sensor is fine. I live in Ireland so selection of bikes here is poor and over priced. I've been looking at Pendleton Somersby from halfords as they have some in stock

kittykat

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 20, 2016
Ireland
You have to be 14 to legally ride an ebike.
In Ireland the law is different. I have researched this. Obviously commensense needs to be used as well. I've considered it for a while and I'm OK with her having one. The older kid was a different matter till recently.
I suppose it's really a second ebike to have at home rather than just for her alone anyway

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
In Ireland the law is different. I have researched this. Obviously commensense needs to be used as well. I've considered it for a while and I'm OK with her having one. The older kid was a different matter till recently.
I suppose it's really a second ebike to have at home rather than just for her alone anyway
Ki Kitty, a 705 24"?

All the best, David