Tex in London

Tex

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Got in from Oz for a few weeks visit. Inner London is "flat as" as my New Zealand mates would say. I brought along my bike Friday, had a long ride yesterday afternoon to make sure I blew away jet lag and I can't say I'm missing electric assist. I think I'd reserve for very long commutes from outer London if I lived here.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Welcome to London Tex, I hope you enjoy your stay and that the weather doesn't go too sour on you. You certainly arrived at a good point.

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
I was wondering what bike u use in London and If you live in Oz have u riden a stealth bomber yet?
How does it compare to a 850R? :)

Last edited:

Tex

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I ride a bike Friday pocket rocket pro for travel and so here in London. Non electric. back in Oz my Optibike, Bionx cannondales and electric brompton do me fine. I don't need any more speed.

Damn the weather here is FINE!

I was wondering what bike u use in London and If you live in Oz have u rider a stealth bomber yet?
How does it compare to a 850R? :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, very out of character at the moment Tex. The forecast shows plenty more sunshine for as few days yet in the South East of England, just a chance of the odd shower on Thursday.

Pop back for our summer in June, July and August and we should have torrential rain and even the odd snow shower for you! ;)

Last edited:

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
I ride a bike Friday pocket rocket pro for travel and so here in London. Non electric. back in Oz my Optibike, Bionx cannondales and electric brompton do me fine. I don't need any more speed.

I bets its raining next week :mad:

Tex

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Yes, very out of character at the moment Tex. The forecast shows plenty more sunshine for as few days yet in the South East of England, just a chance of the odd shower on Thursday.

Pop back for our summer in June, July and August and we should have torrential rain and even the odd snow shower for you! ;)
I rode out to Windsor this weekend. Had a look around Cliveden House and the National Trust Gardens. Beautiful country Flecc. Stunning in fact. "walk over England's pastures green" indeed. Or ride.