The BMS of E-bike battery pack with Bluetooth function

robbyheansen

Pedelecer
Jan 6, 2015
www.electric-batteries.com
Hello good news,

This is our new product - E-bike battery pack with bluetooth function.
You can know all the data through your cellphone, there are capacity,voltage,current,data of cells, temperature etc. The BMS also have all others functions, like over charge and discharge, over current, short circuit protection, cells balance. The weakness is that only can be applied to Android System now.

QQ截图20150326220525.jpg
图片1.png
图片2.png

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I like it a lot.
Have you got the price for it with 36V 15AH?

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Why not provide a dedicated console instead of relying on purchasers owning Android call phones?

robbyheansen

Pedelecer
Jan 6, 2015
It's good idea! But if we do that, it's still the LCD display.
Maybe it can save your money, because everyone has a cellphone,and they usually carry their cellphone during ride. They just download and install the APP to the phone, so we think it's the batter than dedicated console.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Why not provide a dedicated console instead of relying on purchasers owning Android call phones?
I think the trend is going wireless. When there is a bit of wire, the younger generation won't touch it, just in case they may get electrocuted.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
when the bike is in storage, the battery can develop faults unless it is used a bit every week or two weeks. Can your engineer incorporate into this intelligent BMS an active discharge function that can be programmed via Android phone like sending 50WH into a resistor (or switch on a front 10W CREE light for an hour) every 2 weeks ?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
How do you know that they do?
Let's not get picky at the OP here.

A buyer of an advanced battery pack like this, will have bought it because they are a bit of a techie. Therefore it's highly likely they own some sort of modern phone or android device.

Unfortunately, my Nokia 3310 doesn't have bluetooth :p

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I like dedicated hardware because it can be designed without any compromises and is always available for the task at hand. IMO, convergence is overrated.

I like wired over wireless in all circumstances where freedom of movement is not required - main benefits being reliability and lower power consumption.

Newer isn't always better

Just my 2 pence.

Reactions: JohnCade

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
The problem of using a smart phone to control something else is exactly the same as when Windows 8 came in.
If your phone dies in 3 years time, will the app to work your bike still be available?
The whole thing is poised on the manufacturer of the battery remaining in business and also keeping the phone app up to date.
Not a good idea to my mind.

D

Deleted member 4366

The problem of using a smart phone to control something else is exactly the same as when Windows 8 came in.
If your phone dies in 3 years time, will the app to work your bike still be available?
The whole thing is poised on the manufacturer of the battery remaining in business and also keeping the phone app up to date.
Not a good idea to my mind.
Are you serious?

The APP is on the Android operating system, which is likely to be with us for a very long time regardless of phones. I have Windows programs fom 1998 and before that I still use regularly.

I can remember my TV from about 1983 that had a remote control that was joined by a wire. That's right, that's how they used to be. It worked great until the rabbit came in through the cat-flap and chewed through it. Seriously, who wants a wired TV remote now? The same would apply to telephones. Even my house ones are wireless now, as are most people's. Times have changed - for the better IMHO. You might as well take advantage of the new technology.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Wireless doorbells.... Absolutely brilliant invention... I can move the little receiver into the bedroom, so I don't miss an important parcel.

And just for the record, I'm not a lazy git, just work night shifts ;)

Reactions: robbyheansen

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
What's the price for a 14s and 20s bms at 40A discharge?

robbyheansen

Pedelecer
Jan 6, 2015
when the bike is in storage, the battery can develop faults unless it is used a bit every week or two weeks. Can your engineer incorporate into this intelligent BMS an active discharge function that can be programmed via Android phone like sending 50WH into a resistor (or switch on a front 10W CREE light for an hour) every 2 weeks ?
:D:D, So deep, I don't understand, I will ask them.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
We used to have TV via an aerial on the rooftop and telephone from wires. Now we have cable television and mobile phones, get the same service but costs more.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Well, obviously I am well behind the curve, just don't like the idea of mixing technologies this far, there doesn't seem to be any redundancy catered for.
As for the Android system being with us for years to come........well we will see.
But why build in such a lack of resiliency?
Kisses.