The great british e-bike scam

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Ok we get rid of our umbrella and borrows the Yanks while we get into bed with the europeans is that your solution to world peace ?

I expect the yanks will be charging us. No free lunch there or control
Cheaper than having our own, and anyone who thinks that we have any control over the USA at present is very sadly mistaken. The USA can't bully Europe as a whole which is why we are best off in, having the control of combined strength.

And once again, no umbrella needed, no-one will risk raining on the NATO combination of the USA and Europe inclusive of Britain.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Cheaper than having our own, and anyone who thinks that we have any control over the USA at present is very sadly mistaken. The USA can't bully Europe as a whole which is why we are best off in, having the control of combined strength.

And once again, no umbrella needed, no-one will risk raining on the NATO combination of the USA and Europe inclusive of Britain.
I am not convinced that America would commit their nucleur weapons in defence of Europe, if it was attacked with WMD, I think they reserve them only for attacks on the USA, despite what they may say now, as they would look for a OUT, if such a nightmare scenario became reality.

Last edited:

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
You are just not getting it, I don't want middle ground. By saying we stop threatening others, I mean in every way, including criticising others. Their countries are nothing to do with us and all we need do is stop interfering in every way. I have after all just shown the proof.

'Stop criticising others'? Huh? Come again? Its one Planet.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
You think I am not going to be critical of people who threaten to kill me for drawing a picture of their prophet? Flecc are you being serious? You think not being 'critical' of that serves any purpose at all? What sand are you burrying your head in? Come on. Of course their ideas will be criticised. No way are they not going to be criticised. Such beliefs have to be not just criticised but ridiculed.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You think I am not going to be critical of people who threaten to kill me for drawing a picture of their prophet? Flecc are you being serious? You think not being 'critical' of that serves any purpose at all? What sand are you burrying your head in? Come on. Of course their ideas will be criticised. No way are they not going to be criticised. Such beliefs have to be not just criticised but ridiculed.
But why do so many countries, the majority, not get involved in this way? They are the proof that I am being serious in saying it's a realistic option.

Your last sentence shows why the British keep getting themselves entangled. A complete change of attitude is needed. The religions of these other countries are no more ridiculous than Christianity, so why ridicule their beliefs? Just ignore them.

Last edited:

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
Back to the subject of neutrality ... Forget Switzerland, there was another country much much closer to home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Back to the subject of neutrality ... Forget Switzerland, there was another country much much closer to home
Indeed, even to the extent of making it illegal for any of their citizens to participate in WW2.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Christianity is as ridiculous! All religion is nonsense. All religion is to be ridiculed. Its got nothing to do with countries. Nothing at all. Absolutely nothing at all.

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
Well.... That killed it, lol

Bit like mentioning Ron Jeremy at a dinner party :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Begorrah begorrah....what you two trying to do......start WW3 ?

Lynda :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Christianity is as ridiculous! All religion is nonsense. All religion is to be ridiculed. Its got nothing to do with countries. Nothing at all. Absolutely nothing at all.
Indeed, so why not ignore them. If you just cannot do that, instead of just criticising them in a way that upsets those elsewhere in the world, why not campaign against the policy of having of religious schools in this country. Action against a wrong, like charity, should begin at home.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Come on guys....give it up...dont you know Borgen has started ???? :D

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Indeed, so why not ignore them. If you just cannot do that, instead of just criticising them in a way that upsets those elsewhere in the world, why not campaign against the policy of having of religious schools in this country. Action against a wrong, like charity, should begin at home.
Freedom of speech is far more valuable than the the sensibilities of alien man made religions that does not relate to its enviroment or respect common human values.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
I guess thats the thing about this shrinking planet we live on - soon there will be nowhere we can not call 'home'. All in good time. All in good time.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Freedom of speech is far more valuable than the the sensibilities of alien man made religions that does not relate to its enviroment or respect common human values.
And we have that here. Take our nearest neighbour France as an example. They are by law a secular nation not allowing any religion to play any part in government or education, and they enforce that rigidly, banning veils and other religious symbolism in schools. Have they suffered anything like 9/11 or 7/7? No, simply because their action is domestic and thus respected by the others who otherwise don't agree with such policies.

That's all we need do, mind our own business and confine our freedoms and policies within our own country, not deliberately setting out to insult others.

C

Cyclezee

SO....anyway...... am I alone in thinking that a sub £1500 bike with decent spec is reasonably priced ?

Im talking about the general public here who arent interested or capable of fitting kits.

It may surprise many of you when I admit to being one of them :p

There are also several sub £1000 bikes that are excellent value for money.

So, really I dont think that there is a big e-bike scam unless its from sellers trying to con the public into buying sub standard examples.

I can remember a time not long ago when, for me, the cut off point would have been £1000 but I do feel that some suppliers in this country have made a supreme effort in upgrading the specs of their bikes recently.....and as we all know, there is no such thing as a free lunch :D

Backontrack Lynda :)
Valiant try Lynda, but the odds are overwhelming.

Does anyone else find this thread ludicrous and totally disconnected from electric bikes or am I missing something here:confused:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Valiant try Lynda, but the odds are overwhelming.

Does anyone else find this thread ludicrous and totally disconnected from electric bikes or am I missing something here:confused:
Well...you know me John....I can be very trying ;)

Yes, OK. its disconnected and should be in the charging post but threads often have a habit of straying from the original concept which can make for very interesting conversations (to some )....I dont find it ludicrous, personally I love a bit of politics and intrigue......and after all....you dont HAVE to read it :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Since we appear to have an active moderator, I was hoping the no-relevant other subject posts would have been shifted to the Charging Post.

Still, the original subject was a very contentious one anyway, so dispute does have a place here. :p

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Since we appear to have an active moderator, I was hoping the no-relevant other subject posts would have been shifted to the Charging Post.

Still, the original subject was a very contentious one anyway, so dispute does have a place here. :p

Famous Lynda saying (lol).....a life without constructive dispute is no life at all.......