The KTM e style p .... it does what it says on the tin !

richard power

Pedelecer
Mar 8, 2014
Hello all , as promised i would let you know how i'm getting on with the e style p. well i'm happy to say that my bob yak trailer is fitting nicely and works a treat . i'm glad, firstly because i love my single wheel trailer and secondly it cost a good few quid and it would be awful if it became redundant. the trailer shafts have to be widened by about 42 mm approx, not evenly, as it has to be stepped out more on one side than the other ! we cut the shafts and built them out and welded the original connectors back on to a plate. it's easy enough because the bob nuts stick out far enough to give plenty of clearance, oh yes and we lengthened it by about 2 inches because of the big wheel. i threw my camping gear in and went for a 25 mile test ride and it was great !
as for the bike itself, the first word that comes to mind is SHOCKING ! i have never been so shocked by any machine i have ever purchased. i bought an e 300 mercedes diesel automatic one time, i had a corporate travel business and it was a tool for work. it was a super car, a pleasure to drive and a super chaffeur car. but it didn't shock me ...... this bike shocks me every time i ride, and the more i ride it the more it shocks me! it is nothing short of amazing on the climbs and the other day when i blasted my way up a very steep hill i got off and looked down at the little compact hub motor and laughed out loud ... that's what this bike does to you !
i have it 10 weeks now and have ridden over 1000 miles . i'm still learning to ride it, it keeps getting better as you learn to combine the gearing , the power and the leg. regarding the range , well it really does do what it says on the tin ! on low power ( eco ) i will get 50 miles on mixed terrain. on medium power (standard ) i will get 40 miles and high power is only used on very steep climbs. on a 30 mile ride i will vary between eco and standard depending on the terrain and headwind and i might use high for a short blast on a steep hill and probably use about 70% battery power and dont forget you can always stretch it a bit with the generative feature. i have a lot of fun with this , on undulating terrain i will use it and i can go for miles still keeping the same amount of power in the battery, thats a blast. i cant report on the extra weight of the trailer yet but im guessing it will add about 10 % more power, i didn't take much notice on the maiden voyage, i was more concerned with trashing it about to test the welding. this bike cost a lot of money and money is hard to come by over here right now, but i am so glad that i choose this particular bike.
Richie.
disregard the piece of safety cord on the trailer pins, will rivet the lanyard to the plate later .. Yea !

Attachments

Reactions: EddiePJ

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Glad you like it nice bike and appreciate the help it gives.